Caribbean Beach Resort: May Construction Updates & Skyliner Questions?

surfsupdon

Any thoughts or rumors of Island renaming?
Now that OPR has a nice and large bus depot, do we think the Martinique/ Trinidad North stops will be demolished? (Less bus stops is best.)
This is the only area that Skyliner pilings will be around Guest Buildings. Can anyone show on a CBR map where the pilings were planted on their route?

Thank you.

PG 134

Last I heard, OPR was still planning to hopefully be done sometime in Fall.

I haven't heard any rumors at all about Island renaming.

From South to North... First one will be immediately left of the turn into Jamaica 41-43 (Not up yet). Next is between Jamaica 44, nearby parking lot, and the round-a-bout. Then one is between Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 closer to the bridge to Caribbean Cay. I believe the next one is between southeast corner of the Aruba pool and the beach. A concrete path was made to go around the fence for the tower. The next is north/northeast of Aruba 55. After that is where the Riviera station will be. There is 1 for path to IGW(not up yet) on the other side of the trees/plants between Aruba bus stop turn-a-round and Buena Vista Drive.

surfsupdon

Last I heard, OPR was still planning to hopefully be done sometime in Fall.

I haven't heard any rumors at all about Island renaming.

From South to North... First one will be immediately left of the turn into Jamaica 41-43 (Not up yet). Next is between Jamaica 44, nearby parking lot, and the round-a-bout. Then one is between Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 closer to the bridge to Caribbean Cay. I believe the next one is between southeast corner of the Aruba pool and the beach. A concrete path was made to go around the fence for the tower. The next is north/northeast of Aruba 55. After that is where the Riviera station will be. There is 1 for path to IGW(not up yet) on the other side of the trees/plants between Aruba bus stop turn-a-round and Buena Vista Drive.
Great detail thank you!!
I do hope that Disney takes the opportunity to use fewer bus stops. Aruba, Jamaica, and Trinidad South should have a bus stop. I still feel the 3 buildings of Martinique and 3 buildings of Trinidad North can use the new main OPR stop. Those rooms are closer than some of the farthest Riverside rooms to their nearest bus depot.

And now CBR would have 4 bus stops. Instead of their original 7!!!!

Ariel1986

Does anyone know if there's an updated map of the resort with construction areas highlighted anywhere? I know the construction is all around I'm just wondering if one area is better to request over another (July stay). Thanks anyone who can advise!

worldfanatic

Does anyone know if there's an updated map of the resort with construction areas highlighted anywhere? I know the construction is all around I'm just wondering if one area is better to request over another (July stay). Thanks anyone who can advise!
South Trinidad (all pirate-themed rooms) is clearly the least affected by construction right now.
I'm currently booked in one of them for early October as I waitlist on another DVC property.

Ariel1986

South Trinidad (all pirate-themed rooms) is clearly the least affected by construction right now.
I'm currently booked in one of them for early October as I waitlist on another DVC property.

Thanks- we've booked a King Room so I'm not sure that would work though. I don't really mind where we are I was just wondering if one area might be better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom