Caribbean Beach Renovation

nickys

Premium Member
The service to the resort was fine. A bus approximately every 20 minutes. There are 5 stops throughout the resort. A little longer on the bus but a shorter walk to the room. The only issue we noticed was the last stop had a hard time picking up people in the morning for MK. By the time they got to the last couple of stops the bus was full. Other than that it was no different than any other resort I’ve been at.

I think one or two of the stops have been closed / moved during the construction. Meaning a longer walk for some guests. That could be what you were hearing about perhaps. That will be resolved once construction is finished. However, once the Skyliner is up and running the strong inside info is there will be no buses to Epcot or DHS.

I have heard that the construction has resulted in poor bus transportation to this resort. Once construction is complete, do you think bus service will improve?

Maddad

I think one or two of the stops have been closed / moved during the construction. Meaning a longer walk for some guests. That could be what you were hearing about perhaps. That will be resolved once construction is finished. However, once the Skyliner is up and running the strong inside info is there will be no buses to Epcot or DHS.
As of last week there were stops at Aruba, port aue prince, Trinidad North and South and Jamaica. There is also an inter resort shuttle so you don’t need to drag your bag a half mile back to the check in

PG 134

Parks and Springs stops= Martinique, Old Port, Trinidad N., Trinidad S., Jamaica, Aruba, depart resort and start again.
Internal Shuttle=Same as above but replace Parks/Springs with Custom House.
ESPN=Old Port
Disney's Magical Express/Cruise= Custom House
Only stop that I am aware of that was removed was Barbados which was demolished for Riviera project
Custom House stop will be removed once Old Port Royale opens up in October (projected date) as the new Lobby will be there.
Rumored bus stop to possibly be added would be the Skyliner Hub near Jamaica. Probably added to Internal route.
All bus stops will have TVs to display estimated arrival of next bus.

Hope this helps.

surfsupdon

As of last week there were stops at Aruba, port aue prince, Trinidad North and South and Jamaica. There is also an inter resort shuttle so you don’t need to drag your bag a half mile back to the check in
Are you confirming that the Martinique stop has been closed, and those Guests are to use Old Port Royale? (Which would be fine.)

Spash007

Just a bit of an update - the Disney Parks Blog put up a post looking at the artwork in Centertown Market, in which it states Old Port Royale will be opening this fall.

Now the definition of fall could be up for interpretation and technically could be anytime before December 21st, but I feel like with all the progress they've been making lately we're looking at pre-Thanksgiving (or even Halloween before WDW starts their Holiday season).

Sparksfly

We might be staying here a few days next month (oct 6-oct 11). Is there any hope the construction on Old Port Royal will be finished by then? Also how has this effected the main pool at all?

lawdogNOLA

We might be staying here a few days next month (oct 6-oct 11). Is there any hope the construction on Old Port Royal will be finished by then? Also how has this effected the main pool at all?

It's possible, but not guaranteed at this point. October 1, 2018 marks the 30th anniversary of CBR opening (also, 47th anniversary of opening of WDW), so it has been speculated, even with some reported feedback from cast members, that this is the target date. Whether they make it, we'll find out. But it is definitely getting close.

The main pool complex has not been affected by the construction other than the closing of one of the two outdoor spa/hot tubs. Construction was taking place right next to the pool, so there was noise and visible machinery and workers at times, but most of that has wound down. We went May 29-June 7th, and it wasn't an issue, and it's much less an issue now, as the areas right next to the pool seem to have wrapped up exterior construction, with only some roof work left for Old Port Royale's exterior.

Spash007

Sebastian’s is now taking reservations on MDE, with the first availability on October 8th. Looks like that might be when Old Port Royale opens.

aladdin2007

Looking for some of your opinions,,, we got a preferred room at Carribbean Beach Dec2, (originally we were at Wilderness Lodge on a different date which I really hated to lose) but since we had to change the date this was just about all I could find anywhere on property for Dec 2....I just wondered if the pics of the rooms on disneyworld.com is the most current versiont? Or have they been redone yet again and pics not updated? Have any of you stayed in a preferred room at CB? Its basically closer to the main area from what I understand right? Thank you

surfsupdon

Any updates on Caribbean from those there:

Is Centertown serving lunch yet?

Is Barbados receiving a new paint job to distinguish from Trinidad?

Any construction news with the pathways leading to the new gondola station? Is the new sidewalk crossing the road, or are they building an under bridge pathway similar to the path on the other side of the bridge (to get between Barbados and Trinidad)?

Thank you.

surfsupdon

@surfsupdon - when I was there for W&D Half marathon weekend, the answer was no! They closed around 11/11:30 and the signage screen changes to reflect that they will reopen for dinner at 5pm.
That’s terrible. Food court closedfor lunch. Oh ok.

So options for quick service are the remote Spyglass Grill, or the extremely limited Island Markets of Aruba and Jamaica, and the cold sandwiches of the Grab n Go?

I hope they get it together and open for lunch soon.

TheMouseFan

That’s terrible. Food court closedfor lunch. Oh ok.

So options for quick service are the remote Spyglass Grill, or the extremely limited Island Markets of Aruba and Jamaica, and the cold sandwiches of the Grab n Go?

I hope they get it together and open for lunch soon.
I just read that they are now open for lunch! I haven't verified that, but just saw it on the CBR Facebook group.

surfsupdon

The MDE app reflects the change :)

AB999D15-A454-49A0-A273-DDFE1BB9C6F7.png

lawdogNOLA

I presume that the temporary dining area has been taken down by now, or has it? If so, have they brought the parking lot that was used back into service for OPR and did they resurface it?

PG 134

The tent structure and temporary trailers have been removed for a while. I think they are still ripping up pipes and utilities from the temporary location. A sidewalk has been added recently from the bus stops along south end up to lobby entrance. Soon they'll have a parking lot hopefully.

surfsupdon

I presume that the temporary dining area has been taken down by now, or has it? If so, have they brought the parking lot that was used back into service for OPR and did they resurface it?
I'd like to see it become landscaped, and then I'd like to see the removal of the Martinique and Barbados bus stops being the Villages are so close to the OPR bus stop....especially Barbados. Get rid of those stops!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom