Caribbean Beach OR Coronado Springs

todpatcam

My wife and I and our 8 yr old son are planning a return trip to WDW in Nov 2010 and are debating where to stay. We stayed at PO Riverside in 08 and POP in 09 both were very nice in their own way. PO Riverside was quiet but a long walk to the food court and the bus service was not the greatest. POP was a favorite of my 8 yr old and we were very close to the food court and the bus service was perfect.

Can anyone help us with the PROS and CONS of Caribbean Beach Resort OR Coronado Springs? Thank You!!!

YankeeMouse

Listen to Master Yoda...why not POFQ? Small resort, 2 minute walk to food court, bus stop from furthest point on property. Usually dedicated bus unless a stop is made at POR, but POFQ is the first stop. Have been to all the mods, and for several years now, if we don't stay at AKL or WL, we will only consider POFQ of the moderates.

Upvote 0

DisneyWhoDat

I've stayed at all the moderates and CSR is my favorite, one of the reasons being that it is the only moderate that has a fitness center. That might not matter to most people who get their exercise walking 20 miles a day at the parks, but it kept me from having to leave the grounds to workout a few days during the week.

Upvote 0

eagleis4031

We loves CSR when we stayed this past june. We asked for and stayed in castie 4. It was in the about Midway between the lobby and pool. If was right across the first bus stop. That was very nice. I would stay there again.

Upvote 0

DisneyMusician2

I would also recommend looking into POFQ, as it is my favorite, and may work for you with its more intimate layout based on the comments.

Coronado is nice, but it is a convention center and I think lacks some of the personality of some of the other options out there.

Upvote 0

goreesha

If it's a choice between CB and CSR, then I would say CSR all the way. We stayed there in 2005, and it was great. But I hear it's even nicer now since the rooms were refurbed. Yes, it is a convention center, and it does have that atmosphere, so that is either a plus or a minus, depending on personal preferences (personally, I didn't mind it).

However, if you are willing to consider other moderates, then I would take POFQ over all of them. It is a smaller resort, so no long walks, I found it to be the quietest, plus POR is a short walk away, the boat to DTD is great, and there's only one bus stop.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom