Caribbean Beach Closure

Nineinchnailsmk

DOH!!!

I just read about the closure. I called the reservations and they told me that they will either give me a room at another moderate resort or they will give me an upgrade at a discounted price. Anyway, I hope this all works out. The lady said that she will call me later. I picked the Port Orleans Riverside (which is what I wanted in the first place, but the original person taking reservations talked me into the Caribbean Beach). I wish I would have listened to my gut, because now im going through this whole fiasco.:brick: I think I was looking forward to the CB, but now im looking forward to PO:R because I have been to Dixie Landings before and loved it. SIGH Anyone else having similar problems with having to change their reservation. I think Disney made a big OOPS when they decided to do this, but that is just my opinion. You would think that they would think about rehab ahead of time. :zipit:

Pioneer Hall

They didn't make an OOPS. They want the resort to go down in an off peak time so they can have it fully open (and refurbished) for the busy holiday season.

Upvote 0

danamarie27

I am in the middle of this as well. My trip is from 10/3 to 10/7. I went through a travel agent and have all of my vouchers for airfare and hotel. I have had them since April. She swares she is going to get me something for my heart ache, but time will tell. I have an appointment tomorrow night with her and will find out what Disney has to say. My point to her was...with the discount codes Disney is offering for WL, AKL, and the Polly...it cost the same or a little more than what I paid for CBR in February. I feel I should get one of these hotel at NO cost. I don't know if I will get it, bu it can't hurt to try. Otherwise, I guess I will be heading to Riverside or french quarter. I'll let you all know tomorrow.

Upvote 0

Nineinchnailsmk

Original Poster
yea, i purchased my room during the "fall fling" promotion. it was something like 98 bucks a night. i thought that that wasnt too bad. Oh well, hope everything works out for you! the only point i was tryin to make was that they should have known about this (or told us) in advance. i cant believe they would go: "i got an idea, next month, well close down and refurbish!" you think they would go: "next september, we will close down and refurbish, so take reservations from CB from sept to dec. offline."

just me though....

guess thats why im not the boss of disney

Upvote 0

SpongeScott

Hope I don't break a rule here by mentioning another website, but Mary on mousesavers.com said to sit tight and let WDW contact you with an offer of change from the CBR. If you call yourself, they don't have the authority to offer you an upgrade. The people calling will supposedly offer you a switch to a moderate or a bump up to a deluxe resort for an addditional $10 per night.

Upvote 0

WDWspider

Re: Re: Caribbean Beach Closure

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
They didn't make an OOPS. They want the resort to go down in an off peak time so they can have it fully open (and refurbished) for the busy holiday season.

I agree with the Oops. Who takes reservation all year for the same time and then close the place about a month before everyone should start coming. They should have known about this a lot earlier. Big OOPS in my opinion as well. It's caused a lot of people trouble. At least 3 months advance notice would be a small sorry to inconvienence you.

Upvote 0

Nansafan

Originally posted by danamarie27
I am in the middle of this as well. My trip is from 10/3 to 10/7. I went through a travel agent and have all of my vouchers for airfare and hotel. I have had them since April. She swares she is going to get me something for my heart ache, but time will tell. I have an appointment tomorrow night with her and will find out what Disney has to say. My point to her was...with the discount codes Disney is offering for WL, AKL, and the Polly...it cost the same or a little more than what I paid for CBR in February. I feel I should get one of these hotel at NO cost. I don't know if I will get it, bu it can't hurt to try. Otherwise, I guess I will be heading to Riverside or french quarter. I'll let you all know tomorrow.

If your travel agent is has good as ours, she should be able to help. We had a similar experience this past Christmas. We had confirmed reservations at PO:R. We needed to stay there because we had my 9 year old neice with us and we needed space for 5. They closed for rehab Port Orleans and they were trying to put us at Caribbean Beach. When our Travel Agent told them we had 5 and would therefore need 2 rooms, Disney CM was not really thriled about doing 2 rooms for the same price. She then suggested the Poly or Contemporary and we got the Poly, lagoon view for the price we paid for Port Orleans.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by sandjhooker
Hope I don't break a rule here by mentioning another website, but Mary on mousesavers.com said to sit tight and let WDW contact you with an offer of change from the CBR. If you call yourself, they don't have the authority to offer you an upgrade. The people calling will supposedly offer you a switch to a moderate or a bump up to a deluxe resort for an addditional $10 per night.

Excellent advice. In my experience, if you have a confirmed reservation, especially with a paid deposit (or fully paid), the closer you are to check-in, the more likely you are to get a free or reasonably priced upgrade, rather than an equivalent resort. Mary's advice to sit tight is probably the best. (I don't think Steve minds you mentioning another site, as long as you're saying something nice, and not touting it as better, just different. Also, the rules prohibit "trolling" the forum for "customers" to a profit-making site, or trying to "lure" people to another site....putting your personel site in your sig seems to be OK....posting links to it in every section [spamming] would be frowned upon!! ;))

Upvote 0

dizneykev

As I posted in another thread, I spoke with a supervisor at Disney CRO yesterday concerning my stay at CBR from November 16-24. She was able to offer me a free upgrade to a woods view at Wilderness Lodge for the same price as my AP discount CBR reservation ($99 w/tax). I asked her what I should tell my fellow friends in my same circumstance, wait or call in. She said definitely call in and ask to get it done. She was even going to give me a special number to call, but I didn't want to post it and have everyone berade her with calls. The supervisor I spoke to was named Wednesday. Like I said, her advice was to call ASAP as the options you would have would be more plentiful now than later.

Good Luck!!

Dizneykev

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom