Caribbean Beach bus service

m steve

What is the best section to stay at the Caribbean Beach Resort in order to get the best bus service? It seems to me that a room in Barbados would have you closest to the first bus stop.

Thanks for your advice.

DisneyJoe

it depends - the bus usually has to take a full loop of the resort - so depending on the route, you could be the first stop or the last stop....

From http://allears.net/acc/faq_cbr.htm

"Some buses begin the CBR loop at Martinique and continue to OPR, Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Jamaica, Aruba, and finally Barbados before exiting CBR. Other buses begin at Jamaica and continue to Aruba, Barbados, Martinique, OPR, Trinidad North, and Trinidad South. There are no strong reasons to prefer one village over another based on transportation availability."

Upvote 0

mgjones03

When we visited CBR in September/October 2009 we stayed in Martinique--we were always the first island/village picked up, but that didn't always stay true when returning from the parks, sometimes the driver would start the drop-off loop in Jamaica other times Martinique.

Upvote 0

Hot4Hudgens

When we visited CBR in September/October 2009 we stayed in Martinique--we were always the first island/village picked up, but that didn't always stay true when returning from the parks, sometimes the driver would start the drop-off loop in Jamaica other times Martinique.

Yeah, it was the same case for me during my stay there in late '08.

Upvote 0

wendysue

We have stayed at CBR 5 times and always in Trinidad North, but sometimes we walk over to Old Port Royal and catch the bus there. We have never had a problem. If your room is close to the food court in either Martinique or Trinidad North, (preferred rooms), its just easier to get on at the food court (Old Port Royal).
Have tried other resorts, but always go back to CBR.

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

There are 2 pick-up routes, and it all depends on the destination.

Buses going to Magic Kingdom and buses going to Downtown Disney start at Martinique. They go clockwise to Old Port Royale, Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Jamaica, Aruba and finally Barbados before going to the destination.

Buses going to Epcot, buses going to Disney's Hollywood Studios, and buses going to Animal Kingdom start at Jamaica. They go clockwise to Aruba, Barbados, Martinique, OPR, Trinidad North and finally Trinidad South before going to the destination.

Park buses do not stop at the Custom House. However, there is an internal shuttle that makes the loop of all of the stops including the Custom House. Since the internal shuttle just makes the loop, there is no such thing as a first or last stop for this particular route.

"Best location" is a matter of taste. Some people want to be the first on, so they are guaranteed seats. Some people want to be last on, so they don't have to spend time making all of the other stops. To each's own. :)

Upvote 0

Master Gracey 5

What is the best section to stay at the Caribbean Beach Resort in order to get the best bus service? It seems to me that a room in Barbados would have you closest to the first bus stop.

Thanks for your advice.

I actually stayed at CBR in Barbados 16 last November. I would agree with you that this is an ideal place to be if you can manage it. In the mornings I would usually walk to the Martinique stop and only have a few other stops before the bus headed to the parks. In the evening you can get off at either Barbados or Martinique depending on which the bus stops at first.

When you check in, its a short walk from Custom House over to your room if its ready which is a plus. You're also pretty close to Old Port Royale and I could walk there in about 5 minutes (I do walk fast though). Overall, I recommend this "island" if you can manage to stay there!

Upvote 0

WishIwasThere

Wife swore never to take another Disney bus after the last experience while staying at CBR (Jan 07). We were in town for me to go to a seminar, so I had a rental car. We were going to meet at MK for dinner and an evening in the park. Called wife when I left seminar, about 10 miles from Disney property. She was already waiting for the bus w/ kids. Said I will meet her at enterence to MK. Drove to Disney property, drove to MK, parked car, hopped on tram to TTC, took monorail to MK. Called wife...she was still waiting for a bus. One came and it was full so she'd have to wait for the next one. 30 min later she gets off bus...super PO'd. Swore never to take another Disney bus...and we haven't. I'm sure there are just as many "swore I'd never rent a car at WDW" stories, but this is my experience.

Upvote 0

memster

it depends - the bus usually has to take a full loop of the resort - so depending on the route, you could be the first stop or the last stop....

From http://allears.net/acc/faq_cbr.htm

"Some buses begin the CBR loop at Martinique and continue to OPR, Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Jamaica, Aruba, and finally Barbados before exiting CBR. Other buses begin at Jamaica and continue to Aruba, Barbados, Martinique, OPR, Trinidad North, and Trinidad South. There are no strong reasons to prefer one village over another based on transportation availability."
Thanks for the info :)

Upvote 0

TurkA77

Ive stayed at the Poly, CBR, Sports, Music, Movies and PC. CBR is at the bottom of the list as far as buses go. The loop around the hotel is 20 minutes alone, not including the drive to or from the parks. Certain days it took around an hour and a half to get where we were going. I prolly wouldn't stay here again based on the bus service.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom