Caribbean Beach best Water View building

KDisney85

For our first time staying at CB, we'll be getting a water view room. I would prefer the lake to the pool. Other than putting in that request, is there a specific section of the resort that I should ask for? Which buildings are best to see the Epcot fireworks? Obviously, we'll see them in person too, but it would be cool to catch them from the hotel one night as well.

Lastly, with busing, do guests who aren't at the first or second stop get passed up a lot by full buses? When we stayed at Kidani at AKL that kept happening to all the Jambo House people, and it would be great to avoid that situation!

Sorry, if these questions have already been asked. I searched, but couldn't find the answer.

Thanks in advance!
Kristen

CleveRocks

Each of the 6 villages has water view rooms, since each village fronts the lake and each has its own quiet pool.

In my opinion, there's not one village that has better water views than any other.

A view of IllumiNations is pretty much due to luck ... even if your room faces the right way, you have to hope there's not a tree in the way of your exact view that wouldn't be in the way of a room two doors down.

If you want a water view of the lake and not of a pool (and this can be only by request ... you can book water view but you can't BOOK lake view or pool view, it's just luck whichever you get), you only hopes of having a lake view AND any chace of seeing IllumiNations in that same direction would be Trinidad South, Trinidad North and three of the six buildings on Martinique. Unfortunately,ALL of those come at an extra cost, but it has nothing to do with IllumiNations.

All of the rooms in Trinidad South are pirate-themed rooms, which cost more per night than a standard room. All of the rooms in Trinidad North, and buildings 24-25-26 of Martinique, are preferred location, meaning they are a separate booking category that costs more per night than a standard room. Preferred location means the six guest buildings closest to Old Port Royale, the complex that has the main pool, food, shops, etc.

In addition, I'm just not a big fan of paying for water view at any of the Moderates. Your window and door open onto an exterior corridor, where everyone else walks by. So if you leave your curtain open to enjoy the view, then eneryone walking by has a great view of YOU.

Seeing IllumiNations from CBR is only so-so in my opinion, anyway. You can't see all of the fireworks, only the higher ones, and of course you don't see the laser effects. In my opinion, it's a neat extra-added bonus if you happen to see some fireworks, but I wouldn't plan my night around watching them from CBR.

I realize the above may sound negative. I don't mean it to be so. I love CBR, I've stayed there twice and I think it's a great resort. You'll have a great time there!

Upvote 0

JillC LI

Can't commenton the fireworks, but I think the best rooms are in Jamaica or Aruba on the "beach" because you're right by the footbridge which overlooks the whole property and is a short walk to the food court and main pool.

Upvote 0

WamsleyH

I wouldn't plan my night around watching them from CBR.
songht1.jpg
3.jpg
song2.jpg
song14.jpg

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom