Caribbean Beach again

ImaSheDevil

Hey guys,
I know I asked a similar question before but I just want to know since someone asked about preferred buildings at All-Star Music...what are considered the preferred buildings at Caribbean Beach?

rokcandy

The Martinique is probably the most popular island, since it's the closest to the food court. However, it is often filled to capacity due to this. I prefer Aruba or Jamaica because it's quieter and has a nice walk through the lil Parrot Cay island, and it's not as long a walk to the court as Barbados or Trinidad South. Plus the views across the lake are good...not to mention being able to see Illuminations (esp @ Aruba) well. Corner rooms are great too!

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Martinique and Trinidad North are the most popular islands just b/c of their proximity to the main buildings. However, Aruba and Jamaica are actually the best locations available at the Resort. The walks over to the main place, through Parrot Cay Isl. and over the 2 wooden footpaths really add to the tropical ambiance and feel. We've stayed at ARUBA for at least 10 of our trips and honestly have no complaints.

The best views are at ARUBA too, overlooking the lake, marina, island, and Old Port Royale. And yes, you can see Illuminations. Def look into getting a room that is across the lake, specifically Aruba or Jamaica. The colors are also more soothing than the "loud" colors of Martinique.

Upvote 0

Krispe

Hi! we're going for our first ever New Years WDW trip this year! We'll be staying in CBR and were hoping to stay in Martinique. We're starting to look at Jamaica building #45 or Aruba building #51. Does anyone know how long the walk would be from these buildings over to OPR?

Thanks a bunch!!:veryconfu

Upvote 0

RickEff

Does anyone know if there are smoking rooms in Aruba at CBR? I've never been there yet. I've been at Riverside and Coronado but would like to perhaps try CBR in December!

TIA,

Rick

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Hey Krispe!!
I will be at CBR during the Christmas/ New Years time as well, but I will be in the ARUBA 52 building.
The walk from Aruba and Jamica over the bridge, through the island, then over the second bridge to OPR is probably no more than 5 or 6 minutes. And thats a stroll and taking your time.

Hey RickEff!!
ARUBA odd numbered buildings are all smoking buildings. Buildings 51,53, and 55 are all smoking. I ahve stayed in ARUBA 5157 before, and it had an amazing view. Second story overlooking the island, lake, and OPR. We planne don staying that in our room again, but since that original trip in 1989, they made that a smoking building so we did not stay there.

If either have any more qquestions, feel free to email me or whatever.

-Donnie

Upvote 0

Barnie

CBR Bus Stops?

We are trying to decide the same thing; which section/country would be best for the 12 (6 Aunts and Uncles and 6 cousins, ages 7-13) of us. By searching past posts here, it looks like Jamaica, Aruba and Martinique look the best as they are closest to the Food Court and theme pool.

I've read conflicting reports on the bus routes. For us, first on/first off will definitely be high priority. Does anyone know if Jamaica is the first stop, then Trinidads, Martinique, Barbados and finally Aruba? If so, that would be the clincher for Jamaica for us. Thanks in advance.

Barnie

Upvote 0
CBR Busses

you should look for a WDWMagic user who is a Cast Member on the Transportation System, they would probably have the best and most current information. I think there is actually another thread in this forum with someone posting who actually drives for WDW Busses......it's the thread busses. Maybe you can email him for info

Upvote 0

rokcandy

Re: CBR Bus Stops?

Originally posted by Barnie
We are trying to decide the same thing; which section/country would be best for the 12 (6 Aunts and Uncles and 6 cousins, ages 7-13) of us. By searching past posts here, it looks like Jamaica, Aruba and Martinique look the best as they are closest to the Food Court and theme pool.

I've read conflicting reports on the bus routes. For us, first on/first off will definitely be high priority. Does anyone know if Jamaica is the first stop, then Trinidads, Martinique, Barbados and finally Aruba? If so, that would be the clincher for Jamaica for us. Thanks in advance.

Barnie

Last time we took a bus, I remember that that was exactly the route. But that was a few years ago...though it could be the same today (we drive ourselves everywhere now on property).

Upvote 0

Blizz

Aruba! Aruba! Aruba!

Aruba is very quiet and is great in the early mornings. Youll find the stroll over the bridge to Old Port Royale. Youll pass the "zoo" and then walk past the pool. I loved the view out of our first floor room which overlooked the lake.

Aruba is a must for a first time visitor!

But whatever you do, dont stay in Trinidad South unless you like longwalks! It is so so so far away from everything at the resort but it is quiet.

Dont worry about the buses. Its not that long of a trip around the resort. Also, if you are first on you still have to take a trip aroind the resort. Its not that much of a difference in the transportation respect. Also, the member who works for WDW Transport is Fantasia Boi. He drives the buses.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Most busses enter through the bus auxilary entrane, starting at Jamaica, ARUBA, Barbados, Martinique, OPR, and then the Trinidads.

Again, ARUBA is in a superior location that is amazing. It is a great island on all levels. Ill be there this Christmas.

Upvote 0

PhotoDave219

I asked Tyler (Fantasia Boi) about buses at CBR and i deleted the reply a while back, but i think he said that either Jamacia or Martinique were the first bus stop, or the alternate or soemthing like that. Both were near the beginning of the route.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom