Cargo Space / Mazda CX-9 vs ???

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
There is a slight chance that in the next 9 months I will trade my vehicle that is currently at 69,100 miles for a quality used vehicle. I was casually shopping on the internet and I saw some attractive "deals" on a couple different used Mazda CX-9s. If I recall the mileage of one 2018 CX-9 was just below 24,000 ( it had been a one owner lease vehicle) and the asking price on the website was $23,500.
Here's where you the reader come in:
Is there anything with equal CARGO SPACE to the CX-9 that might be priced in that ball park or lower?
I went to Youtube and entered in the following search: "Mazda CX-9 vs ____"
Then Youtube provided multiple options.
I watched just 2 of them
1) ....vs Toyota Highlander
2)....vs Hyundai Santa Fe
.......................................................There's no way I'd get a Santa Fe if I'm looking for CARGO SPACE.
The video comparing the Mazda CX-9 and the Toyota Highlander unfortunately did NOT compare them with all seats down but the front.
Now that I'm a college dad, it was tough to fit all my teenager's stuff in my 2016 CX-5 when we moved her to college. When all that stuff has to come back here, it would be nice to have a bigger 2018 CX-9.....or a Highlander? ....or something else??

artvandelay

There is a slight chance that in the next 9 months I will trade my vehicle that is currently at 69,100 miles for a quality used vehicle. I was casually shopping on the internet and I saw some attractive "deals" on a couple different used Mazda CX-9s. If I recall the mileage of one 2018 CX-9 was just below 24,000 ( it had been a one owner lease vehicle) and the asking price on the website was $23,500.
Here's where you the reader come in:
Is there anything with equal CARGO SPACE to the CX-9 that might be priced in that ball park or lower?
I went to Youtube and entered in the following search: "Mazda CX-9 vs ____"
Then Youtube provided multiple options.
I watched just 2 of them
1) ....vs Toyota Highlander
2)....vs Hyundai Santa Fe
.......................................................There's no way I'd get a Santa Fe if I'm looking for CARGO SPACE.
The video comparing the Mazda CX-9 and the Toyota Highlander unfortunately did NOT compare them with all seats down but the front.
Now that I'm a college dad, it was tough to fit all my teenager's stuff in my 2016 CX-5 when we moved her to college. When all that stuff has to come back here, it would be nice to have a bigger 2018 CX-9.....or a Highlander? ....or something else??
For college moving, the Toyota Sienna mini van is hard to beat.

Lilofan

You can look at a new $26K 2020 Ford Transit Connect Cargo Van. It's the vehicle delivery guys drive around in. You can fit an apt inside one of those. It's not the prettiest but it gets the job done.

Last edited:

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Thanks for the responses so far.
Remember, my next vehicle I have to drive it all 365 days of the year.
I'm not the mini van type. When my daughter was a toddler I did drive one...but those days are over.
@Lilofan I rather rent your suggestion than own one of those.
@SuperDaveSC, I will search for low mileage Nissan Pathfinders from 2017 or 2018.
Thank you for that suggestion. Yup...Google searches seem to indicate that the Pathfinder is in the same class as the CX-9

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Honda makes a good product. A Honda Passport has enormous cargo room.

They do indeed, however their switch from traditional automatic transmissions to CVTs has hurt them as far as long term reliability goes.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
They do indeed, however their switch from traditional automatic transmissions to CVTs has hurt them as far as long term reliability goes.
@mkt Your member image when you post includes: Maleante Izquierdozo.
Googled it only partially successfully
Maleanate = villian?
Izquierdozo is not accepted....but a very similar Spanish word= "left"
It's nothing to do with Mazda or Honda...but maybe you would be willing to share why you make use of "Maleante Izquierdozo"

Last edited:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
@mkt Your member image when you post includes: Maleante Izquierdozo.
Googled it only partially successfully
Maleanate = villian?
Izquierdozo is not accepted....but a very similar Spanish word= "left"
It's nothing to do with Mazda or Honda...but maybe you would be willing to share why you make use of "Maleante Izquierdozo"

leftist troublemaker

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom