Career Start Program...

disneygirl746kt

Original Poster
For the people who are in the program, can you give me some advice on what it is like? I'm planning on going down in 2007 at the end of August or early September, but I don't know much about it besides what the Disney site said about it.

LilRoo714

There are a few Career Start members on this board. Taryn being one of the most famous :animwink: (Hope she doesn't mind my recommending her to answer your question!)

futuredisneydj

i just got done doing the career start program in aug. mine was for 6 months starting back in feb. its basically the college program for the ppl who arnt in college. guessing that u prob. decided to take some time off as i did and this is a great program to look into. you move down there for how ever long the program they give u is. i hear they r changing the length since a best friend of mine just went and applyed and hers was only 4 months. you are givin an apt most likely in vista way since thats where they seem to want all the C.S.'ers. rent is taking directly outta ur pay check every week depending on how many roomies u have. you able to choose a job field that u think u would like either being in operations,full and fast food, costodial,costuming and lifegurad. this is one of the major differences college program and career start. CP's have a little bit more of a choice of jobs than we did. also there is a busness class that you had to go to once a week for i think it was a few months. it was a lot of fun down there and i even went sessional after my time was up so im still getting back down there every now and than untill i can go full time. like i said some the the info might be wrong since i they might be making some changes. taryn might be able to clear some stuff up if im wrong but if u got ne ?'s lemmie know! my sn is listed on my profile. id be happy to answer. hope i helped a little :wave:

Taryn being one of the most famous :animwink:

I'll be signing autographs through next Tuesday ;)

:lol:

I'd love to give you a huge description, but I actually have to head out the door in a few minutes (Me and my coworkers are seeing the new Nemo show!) So I thought I'd just pop in and let you know I've read your thread. I should be home by 10:30 tonight, so expect some of the pros/cons after that! If you can think of any specific questions, post 'em, and I'll answer to the best of my ability

disneygirl746kt

Original Poster
Once I get my ged test results I may plan to go straight into the program, since there isn't anything I can do here....

How would I go about getting into the program?

I know to watch the presentation (which I am going to do online), and fax in the role checklist, and the application....is there anything else I need to know to send with those two? :veryconfu

tinkerbell88

all u do after that is you will recieve a email saying they recieved ur application and they will tell you about when they will call you to schedule an interview

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom