Career Start Over the Summer?

eclipseSD

Original Poster
Working at WDW the Summer after High School?

Hey,

I'm graduating high school in early June of 2007 and I really want to get my Disney job experience immediately, so the Career Start program at WDW seemed like the best place to start.

However, it has now become clear to me that no official Disney "program" (either Career Start or the College) will accomodate my needs for the summer of 2007 because one is for kids not going to college and the other is for kids already in college. My problem is that I am going to college but will not have had a semester under my belt yet.

Now my only option is to find a summer job/internship within the parks independent of any program and hope I can find a place I can live with low rent and a Disney car pool. It is my understanding that Disney does not provide housing for regular summer works, but I could be wrong.

Any advice on how a New York high school graduate can spend three months working for Disney World without having to live in a Frontierland maintenance shed?

Thanks so much in advance for any help anyone can offer!

Sean

eclipseSD

Original Poster
Oh. I wasn't aware that the Career Start was divided into sessions like the CP. I'm planning on going to college in August so thats no good.

Is there any other way I could work in Disney theme parks over the summer? Is there some sort of discounted company apartments or housing I could stay in as a summer hourly employee.

I really want to work at WDW or possibly DL this summer to start a relationship with the company, so I'm willing to do whatever is necessary to get that start. I graduate high school in June and I'd rather not wait till the CP Spring 08 session to get my Disney job.

I think Disneyland's CareerStart program begins in June, but they don't have special housing over there. I can't really answer your questions beyond that.

futuredisneydj

i just moved back from doing the career start program for the last 6 months. i was down there from feb. till aug. from what i have heard if u call the career start ppl or college program ppl they can sometimes work it to where u can live at chatham or vista for a few months if there is no way u can find someplace to live. im not 100% sure if u would of already of had to be a cp or not but its worth a try. if u r palning on becoming a cp later on try and explain that to them they might be able to help u out. or when u find a temp place to say u can alwasy go onto the portal (its the cast member web service) once u become a cast member and look up apts or housing they have a bunch of fellow cast members looking for roommates and ppl to split a apt or even a house w/. good luck! if u have ne ?'s about the porgram let me know!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom