Car Vandalized at Magic Kingdom

Dwarful

Wow what an awful way to end a vacation. Makes me wonder though if it wasn't a group of people say 3-4 in one vehicle who went to mk paid the parking fee and then drove around to find the vehicle they needed. I mean think about it, the average tourist (beisdes my father!)doesnt go with a trunk full of tools, and these people seemed to know what they wanted. We always stay onsite and use disneys transportation, so I don't know how often security monitors all of those vehicles. And no passerbys would say anything because they wouldn't know if the people were working on their own car or stealing parts!

careship

I feel bad for you. I personally since 1971 have never had any problems. In fact, we were in Typhoon Lagoon and someone dropped the little packet with all 5 of their 5 day passes in it. I tried to find someone to turn them into and didn't see anyone right away. My son had them in his pocket in the shark reef because we forgot them. So we turned them in wet and all to the pearl place right outside there apologizing because they were all wet. It had a Sgt. someones name on them. I sure hope the person we turned them into was honest enough to get them to their rightful owner. Wet and all. I felt so bad we soaked them. I don't know what we were thinking. But we did turn them in. So if he reads this...LOL...he can talk to the pearl guy about it...

Maria

I hope so, careship! The pearl stand doesn´t belong to Disney... they pay to be there. Your best bet when you find something, is to turn it in to Guest Relations or directly to Lost and Found. :animwink:

Sorry about your car and losses during your vacation, Skipper! :(

meekoman

Back in 72 or 73, on a trip to the Magic Kingdom, someone stole one of our license plates. The thing was, the plate number was D18-666, so either someone wanted it because of the number or they were collecting plates from different states. We called the Florida State Patrol when we got back to the hotel and they sent over a couple of troopers that lets say were "well versed" in the bible and proceeded to read the passages which dealt with the devil. I was just a young kid then, but funny how some things stick with you.

Snoballego

Lost Passes

I am sure the family who lost those passes was able to get new ones re-issued at Guest Relations. I know passes are lost quite frequently (esp. in the water parks). You said they had a name on them; well guest relations would have just printed out new tickets and voided the other ones out in the computer system. That is one thing great about the Information age we now live in.

To the other gentleman who had the unfortunate vandalism. Welcome! I see you are new here and have only posted twice (both dealing with your sad stories):

1) It doesn't seem you were actually vandalized but you had more of a theft. Vandalism gives the impression that kids are going around placing graffiti and slashing car tires. I note this because we all must remember- that everywhere, thousands of scum-bags wake up every morning making a living at of theft. We are not safe from it anywhere these are professionals.

2) All the other incidents people have reported seem very isolated so I doubt this is a major crisis happening down there. I don't know how appropriate it was to come here to a Disney site and give the angle that this is some how WDW's responsibility (this is why we have insurance).

I am sure you were still probably able to bring home some positive experiences too! I hope you have a better experience next time...

Snoballego

Glasgow

Being from the big city I hear of break ins all the time, but to have your possessions violated in a place that you feel safe, that is just awful :mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom