Car Rentals

DawnCt

Original Poster
We need a rental car for our upcoming vacation to WDW. We planned the trip with less than 30 days for everything, so finding a rental car at a good price point has been tough. I exhausted the coupons, the deals, Costco, USAA, etc and booked what I considered the lowest rate with Budget through Costco. I then called the local number of a national competitor at MCO and was able to get it for $10 than Budget when their initial quote was over $100 more. It may not always work but it never hurts to try.

joannecasey

Have you tried Alamo ? We signed up for Alamo Insiders which gave us 10% off ... plus in their "Hot Deals" there was a complimentary upgrade from a mid-sized car to a standard car. We rented our car for 15 nights and the cost is only $280 plus taxes !!! We always find really great deals with Alamo ... however our rental is in October, so it may be much more considering your trip is soon, I'm not sure.

Hope you find a good deal .. happy planning !! :)

siberian57

Did you try Enterprise? That's who I usually end up going with for rentals. They have always been good to me with fair pricing or even price matching if need be. The pickup service is nice too especially when you don't have transportation to get to the rental office. Or would you be going to rent one at an airport?

lilclerk

Last September, I used Priceline and got a standard car for 10 days for $8/day from Alamo.
For next month, I can't find anything less than $14/day. We're considering just picking the car up from the Dolphin resort and keeping it for a few days when we go to Universal.

bmarkelon

Yes, Alamo stands out as one of the best rental experiences we've had. I just remember it being much smoother than some of the others. I'm pretty sure we'll be using Alamo again in August, I think it's the best deal we can find for this time period.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom