Car rental

Engine 51

we are spending ten days in july and august, and would like to rent a car for a day or to two in the middle of the trip. What is the best option to do this, any pick up sites near by?

Rob562

Both National and Alamo have a rental desk at the Car Care Center near the MK parking lot. You can arrange for a free shuttle to pick you up and drop you off.

If you're in an Epcot resort, there is a National/Alamo desk at the Dolphin, easy walking distance.

Other major car rental companies (Avis, Budget, etc) have desks at hotels along Hotel Plaza Blvd, some of which have shuttles for pickup.

-Rob

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

Even if you pick up the car at the Car Care Center, you can book it so that you can drop it off at the Dolphin hotel. My advice is that you price out the car several ways:

pu/return from car care center
pu/return from Dolphin
pu - car care center; return - Dolphin
pu - Dolphin; return car care center

I say this because the prices can vary and just so you are aware at the Dolphin hotel even if the rental desk is closed you can return the car by leaving it with the hotel's valet. They will give you a receipt that you returned it. You can then just hop on a bus to one of the parks or go out the back of the hotel and take the boat to hollywood studios or epcot.

The only thing is if you book at the Dolphin they don't pick you up at your hotel, that's only at the car care center.

Also, don't forget to do a search online for coupons that you might be able to apply to the rental. And, you might want to also do a search to see if you can join the National's Emerald Aisle for free or whatever Alamo's club thing is called, that will save you money too. And if it's free to join, why not.

Upvote 0

Engine 51

Original Poster
Thanks, I thought there was someplace on property. We are going to rent a car for a one day excursion without paying for a car to decorate the parking lot for a week.

Upvote 0

Rob562

In addition to Shoppingnut's comments (which I wholeheartedly agree with), I'll add that the Dolphin location opens later than the Car Care Center one.

CCC opens at 6am most days, with the shuttle starting up at 7.
The Dolphin's desk opens at 8. Even though we were staying at Beach Club, we wanted to be arriving at Universal at 8:15, which meant we had to use the shuttle to the CCC. (But we returned it at the Dolphin that night and walked back to the room)

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom