Car rental Question?

New2WDW

We are counting down to our next WDW trip for this Fall. We are 100 days out. This year we are planning to stay 10 nights and we usually have to rent a car since our personal vehicles can not make the trip.

Question: It has been and will be very expensive to rent another car. Does anyone know good rental companies (we have been using Enterprise) and does anyone know if there is a possibility of one way rentals down and back from the Atlanta suburb area? has anyone tried this?

Keith

nibblesandbits

Keith, you know what I did for my last trip to Florida...I reserved my rate at one company and then shopped around. As long as you don't put a credit card down, you're fine...b/c you can easily cancel ressies.

I noticed that when it got closer to the trip month, prices went down and then around 2 weeks before, they went down again, but then went back up.

Keep checking on a regular basis. Things change frequently...and persistance pays off in this situation.

Good luck! :wave:

Upvote 0

New2WDW

Original Poster
Keith, you know what I did for my last trip to Florida...I reserved my rate at one company and then shopped around. As long as you don't put a credit card down, you're fine...b/c you can easily cancel ressies.

I noticed that when it got closer to the trip month, prices went down and then around 2 weeks before, they went down again, but then went back up.

Keep checking on a regular basis. Things change frequently...and persistance pays off in this situation.

Good luck! :wave:

I have not put down a CC yet and I will keep checking! Thanks! :wave:

Upvote 0

maroman

We used Priceline for our 8 day trip, 3 weeks ago. Got a mini van for $25 a day from National. Over half off of what Alamo wanted.:)

When you bid on priceline, how long before your trip did you submit your request? Right now I have a reservation with Hertz for a minivan for the first week of December for $273 (no credit card info taken). Based on the price you got I'm hoping to get close to that.

Upvote 0

jsfra209

Alamo has gotten progressivley more and more expensive as the years have gone by. I can recall 5 years ago renting a compact car for 98.00/wk. I'm not planning a trip now, but I checked the rates just to see...I damn near fell out of my chair!!! 505.00 for a week now. What baffles me is that all the other companies like avis, budget and enterprise..who used to be WAAAAAY more expensive than Alamo are super cheap in comparison. I don't get why Alamo is not being comperable. One would think that the more expensive (and non-comperable) they get, the more business they loose, the higher the prices have to go..
I know they are certainly not starved for business. Every time I've gone to florida I've always encountered super long lines at their counters where all the other car companies had NOONE on line. Im kinda dissapointed in them.

sorry for the ramble...lol

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom