Car Rental - Amazing Price

kjd469

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I just found a midsize car for 1 week for $68, plus taxes at Alamo (came to $83). Going Sept. 19 picking up at Orlando airport. Was going to use Magical Express and then Disney busses, but for that price, we'll save the hassle of the busses and use the car. If you think you might want to rent a car in the near future, go to Costco's website, then Travel, then Rental Cars, then Alamo....pick your deal and it will take you to the Alamo website for prices. Hope someone else can take advantage of these great rates too.

stevediesel

I didn't find as good a deal but close. For 8 days @ Budget an economy for $120 including taxes. Pretty good deal considering a few months ago the same deal was closer to $250. I don't have a COSTCO membership.

EDIT:
I just rechecked Alamo & got the rate of $80 for the 8 days! Can't beat that. Thanks kjd469 for posting!

Upvote 0

kjd469

Original Poster
You don't need a costco membership...it's an online deduction, and you don't have to show a number to get the discount.

Upvote 0

kcs

I just checked the website and it says you have to show your costco card when you pick up your car. Do you know if this is really required?:eek:

Upvote 0

kjd469

Original Poster
I've booked through them many times, and have never had to show the card. Same as AAA, never had to show the card.

Upvote 0

kjd469

Original Poster
I didn't find as good a deal but close. For 8 days @ Budget an economy for $120 including taxes. Pretty good deal considering a few months ago the same deal was closer to $250. I don't have a COSTCO membership.

EDIT: I just rechecked Alamo & got the rate of $80 for the 8 days! Can't beat that. Thanks kjd469 for posting!

Glad to share....I love a "deal" and figured there must be others out there who could benefit also :sohappy:

Upvote 0
I just rented a small SUV from Alamo using the codes from Costco.com for a total of $79.12 for one week Sept. 20-27, 2008 that is far and away the best car rental rate that I have gotten. My payments on my Dodge Caravan work out to be more per week than this rental does.

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

Rental Car Insurance

While we are on the subject of car rentals.. does anyone actually pay for Rental Car Insurance? While the price of a car may be cheap - they get you with the $30/day full coverage insurance. My rental will be $225 for the week with taxes and fees but after insurance it goes to almost close to $500. My worry is that its always better to be safe than sorry though.

Upvote 0

kjd469

Original Poster
Check the "extras benefits" on your credit card...many credit cards offer insurance on rental cars so it is not necessary to get the extra. Also, some personal car insurance policies also cover rental cars.

Upvote 0

Boray

Check the "extras benefits" on your credit card...many credit cards offer insurance on rental cars so it is not necessary to get the extra. Also, some personal car insurance policies also cover rental cars.

DEFINATELY check your personal car insurance. Mine includes all rental cars, so I never get the additional rental insurance when renting a car. That should save you significant $$$$.

Good luck!

Upvote 0

chrisdadrocks

Rental Coverage

I used to work at the Dollar rental counter at the manchester nh airport so let me tell you what I learned. You all know that we get commission on any coverage or upgrade or anything like that so of course we want you to get but it does depend on the person. I told people that the coverage you get from us is a added benefit if you look at it like this. Credit Cards and the insurance on your car sometime will only cover what you drive at home so if you are driving a 89 Pinto then it might be wise. Also, even if you have coverage with the car rental's coverage you do not have to report to your insurance so your premium won't go up and basicly you drop it off and forget about it so its a piece of mind thing. I remember one lady yelling at me just swearing at me and calling me a thief for even mentioning it to her. She came back with her passenger side all scratched and dented in, a deer hit her in vermont. She comes up to me, running late of course, but she missed her flight because we needed all this info before she left. So take it for what its worth I never got before I worked there now I do.

Upvote 0
This may be a dumb question, but don't you have to pay parking at the parks each day if you take the car rather than the busses? I've necer stayed onsite while renting a car, so not sure if a resort guest had to pay parking or not. :confused:

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

This may be a dumb question, but don't you have to pay parking at the parks each day if you take the car rather than the busses? I've necer stayed onsite while renting a car, so not sure if a resort guest had to pay parking or not. :confused:

Resort guests can part at WDW theme parks for FREE! You just show your resort ID.

Upvote 0

Tweedle Adie

Thanks OP!!!!
I have a memberships with BJs so I checked and they had the same deals with Alamo! I am saving over $100 for the week and I could add a second driver for free instead of the $9.99 a day.

Upvote 0

crassmonkey

FYI:

Sams Club offers some great deals on car rentals too. Just check out the website. We got a quote for $75 for a full week in Sept. with Dollar. Much better than any other offer Ive seen, and I spent 3 hours the other night searching! :brick:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom