Car Parking

richiejg

Original Poster
How much is the car parking at the Disney Parks?
How does this compare to other Orlando attraction like Seaworld & Universal?

Has anyone had any bad/good experiences when parking?

CAPTAIN HOOK

WDW charges $10 per car at the 4 main parks - its free at the water parks and DownTown Disney

SeaWorld and Universal will charge a similar amount (I don't know exactly their prices)

FloridaPhill

If you take a Digital Camera with you, take a pic of the marker at the end of the row in which you park. At the end of the day it is easy to forget which section & row you are parked in.

SummerInFL

Also, if you plan on park hopping, you pay the intital fee and you don't have to pay it again when you get to the next parking lot as long as you keep your receipt. :)

dragonfox98

We are early risers and tend to get to the parks at opening (we stay off site). I can say that when we got to the parks each morning, we had almost front-row parking. When we hopped, we just showed our pass and then parked where ever. I think we got lucky a lot, though - even when we park-hopped we ended up with great spaces!

JWG

If you stay on site I mean Disney resorts the parking is free. I am not sure if you stay off site, all I know we always stay on site and parking is free.

Can someone confirm this question:
If you stay on-site, can you show your room key/key to the world card and park for free at the theme parks, too? Or do they charge at the theme parks regardless.

I get its worthless to drive and park if staying on property but we'll have an 11 mos. old with us and we're debating which would really be easier for getting around.

KimnAbby

If you take a Digital Camera with you, take a pic of the marker at the end of the row in which you park. At the end of the day it is easy to forget which section & row you are parked in.

That is a really great idea! We've only driven to the park once and it was a disaster, simply because we forgot where we parked! Took us two hours to find the stupid car!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Parking at the theme parks is $10. Unless you're staying on-site or are an Annual Passholder [I'm not sure if Florida Resident Seasonal Passholders are included or not], in which case it's free. On-site guests will receive a parking pass from their resort on check-in that will get them into the theme park parking.

Showing your room key likely won't work... But Parking CMs do have some leeway. :shrug:

lilmizpixie3

If you stay on-site, can you show your room key/key to the world card and park for free at the theme parks, too? Or do they charge at the theme parks regardless.

I get its worthless to drive and park if staying on property but we'll have an 11 mos. old with us and we're debating which would really be easier for getting around.

When you check into the hotel they give you a slip of paper that you put on your dash board and whenever you pull into the theme parks they just wave you threw the booths.

RiversideBunny

Using the Disney transportation or driving your own car to the parks is a continuing debate. Some like one; some like the other.
We always use Disney transportation and let them do the driving. Also, somehow it seems to spoil the 'magic' if you get to the parks via a parking lot rather than being dropped off at the front entrance.
:)

shoppingnut

I would say without doubt going to the MK is easier by bus because you get dropped off right by the front of MK, where if you drive you have to take the parking lot tram and then get on either the monorail or ferry to the MK.

just remember that, if you're staying on property and plan on taking the buses, the ride at the end of the day can be a stress test ... we did it years ago when our oldest was only 5 and she weighed a ton on my shoulder at 11:30 after walking around the park all day and then standing on the bus for the 15-20 ride from the park to the hotel ... and besides, isn't riding the tram a "disney experience" in itself??

Momx3

We were just there and drove to all the parks. We stayed at PoR and the card that is your admission, charge card and room key is what you show to get in to park. It is free and you show them the card and they wave you through. If you are a AAA member, which we are, you get to park in AAA diamond parking which is in the very front by handicapped parking. There are colored stripes on the ground at each park and they tell you which color to follow. I went to my AAA office and asked them about the diamond parking. They asked if I purchased my tickets through them and I said no but they gave me the pass anyway. We were really glad we drove. As we left each park at closing and saw the long bus lines and we had no problems leaving the lot. We had a torrential downpour just as Fantasmic was starting and most people left the park and the bus lines were unbelievable!

corrwill

We were just there and drove to all the parks. We stayed at PoR and the card that is your admission, charge card and room key is what you show to get in to park. It is free and you show them the card and they wave you through. If you are a AAA member, which we are, you get to park in AAA diamond parking which is in the very front by handicapped parking. There are colored stripes on the ground at each park and they tell you which color to follow. I went to my AAA office and asked them about the diamond parking. They asked if I purchased my tickets through them and I said no but they gave me the pass anyway. We were really glad we drove. As we left each park at closing and saw the long bus lines and we had no problems leaving the lot. We had a torrential downpour just as Fantasmic was starting and most people left the park and the bus lines were unbelievable!

I LOVE THIS IDEA :) Never knew about it

AEfx

Using the Disney transportation or driving your own car to the parks is a continuing debate. Some like one; some like the other.
We always use Disney transportation and let them do the driving. Also, somehow it seems to spoil the 'magic' if you get to the parks via a parking lot rather than being dropped off at the front entrance.
:)

Hehe, like you said, it's a continuing debate. :)

I'm on the other side. I used to only use Disney transportation, but now when I have a vehicle in Disney (preferably my own) I definitely use it. The busses just require so much walking, and so much waiting, especially at the end of the night. Then you are on an overfilled bus with someone's butt in your face (if you are lucky enough to get a seat, otherwise you stand and are the butt in someone else's face) all the way back, and then the final drag to the room...it easily takes an hour to get out of the MK at night.

Compare that with driving, where you can get to your car (either via a tram, which may be a wait, or walk, which may be long but at the end you are assured a comfortable seat) and be in control of your own comfort right away. I have found that instead of taking a resort break via the bus system, some days it's just as nice to go take a car break, where we keep a cooler and such with ice cold snacks (my God, Pepsi at Disney...it's a real treat, LOL) and can sit in a nice A/C car for a few minutes really can recharge yourself just as much without taking up all the time of a full break and waiting for busses.

It's funny, I'm like a reformed smoker...I'm so pro-driving yourself to Disney now mainly because I rode the busses for so many years I forgot how great it was to be in control of my own experience and because I used to be so-pro-"let-them-drive". The biggest advantage to me is how much time I found I saved, both in the morning arriving and the nighttime leaving. Even the MK, where the busses take you to the park side of the lagoon, I find it quicker to drive because the MK line is usually the longest at the resorts and I almost never get on the first bus. And the bus routes are crazy - I know WDW is big, but riding the busses you'd think things were 15-20 miles away from each other because they take such odd, varied routes.

With your own car, you are literally a couple of minutes from everything. I was absolutely shocked how quickly I was able to get around without having to go Disney's way. I know for a lot of people driving is a chore, and it's not for them. For me, it is a whole new way to experience Disney - quicker, under my own control, and without having to ride those long, crowded busses.

AEfx

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom