Car Care Center Questions

kdsjjb

Original Poster
I will be dropping off a rental at the Car Care Center, but it will be after hours so I have two questions:

1) Where exactly is the Car Care Center located?

2) How can I get back to my hotel if I drop off the car after hours?

Thanks for your help!

TTATraveler

The car care center is located near the exit from the TTC and adjacent to the Hess. If you were entering the Magic Kingdom as if you were going to park at the TTC, the car care center is on the left side just past the toll plaza. There is a place where you can turn off and get into lot prior to approaching the main parking areas.

I am not sure about getting back to your hotel after hours though. I believe they have a shuttle bus, but not sure of the hours for the bus.

Rob562

If your drop-off is going to be after-hours, look into changing your drop-off to the Dolphin instead. They have an Alamo/National counter too, and it should be the same price.

The valet will accept the return of the car, and there are many more transportation options from the Dolphin. (Walk to Studios or Epcot, bus to MK or AK, or get to another resort via Downtown Disney bus)

Otherwise, at the CCC your only real option would be to call a taxi, because there is no way to walk from there to anywhere on property.

-Rob

kdsjjb

Original Poster
Thanks for the info.

I did check in to dropping off at the Dolphin, but my National rental from Sunday at Tampa airport to Tuesday at the CCC is $59.

Same car, same pickup, drop off at the Dolphin is $129.

Guess I'll call a taxi.

EmOhYouEssE

Not sure if this will make a difference or not, but keep in mind your "day" for a rental car runs on a 24 hour clock. For instance, if you pick it up at noon on Sunday, and return by noon on Tuesday, it would be a 2 day rental. If you return after say 3 on Tuesday, then it will closer to a 3 day rental (once you go into above your grace period, it starts charging by the hour until it's cheaper to charge an extra day; which is usually 3 hours).

Maybe if you adjusted your pickup/return times to have it be a 2 day rental (if possible), or even a 3 day rental (not returning it until they are open on Wed, because it will still be the same charge either way if you are past your grace period by returning after hours), then the drop fee wouldn't apply?

Just another option to check in to. We've never had a drop fee in Florida, but we normally go from one airport to another, not dropping at an off airport location.

I think PhotoDave has dropped at the Dolphin before. Hopefully he'll show up and give you some insight as to why they are instituting a drop fee for that location.

Em

kdsjjb

Original Poster
Not sure if this will make a difference or not, but keep in mind your "day" for a rental car runs on a 24 hour clock. For instance, if you pick it up at noon on Sunday, and return by noon on Tuesday, it would be a 2 day rental. If you return after say 3 on Tuesday, then it will closer to a 3 day rental (once you go into above your grace period, it starts charging by the hour until it's cheaper to charge an extra day; which is usually 3 hours).

Just another option to check in to. We've never had a drop fee in Florida, but we normally go from one airport to another, not dropping at an off airport location.

Em

Uh... Thank you? :veryconfu I think?

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't mean that to be as condescending as it read. Of course, perhaps there are people that don't realize that 24 hours makes a day. :animwink:

I fully understand how rentals work, thats why I didn't ask how rentals work. I have never dropped one off at Disney before, thus the questions I did ask.

There is no "drop fee" noted on the reservation page, just a big difference in price.

Rob - thank you, though. I did not realize that Alamo was the other rental agency on site. They are the same price dropping off at the CCC or Dolphin, for the same car, same times (which happen to be exactly 48 hrs), so I will be using Alamo instead.

EmOhYouEssE

Uh... Thank you? :veryconfu I think?

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't mean that to be as condescending as it read. Of course, perhaps there are people that don't realize that 24 hours makes a day. :animwink:

I fully understand how rentals work, thats why I didn't ask how rentals work. I have never dropped one off at Disney before, thus the questions I did ask.

There is no "drop fee" noted on the reservation page, just a big difference in price.

Rob - thank you, though. I did not realize that Alamo was the other rental agency on site. They are the same price dropping off at the CCC or Dolphin, for the same car, same times (which happen to be exactly 48 hrs), so I will be using Alamo instead.

Sorry if it sounded condescending. Some rental companies go on a calendar day rental (like when doing an insurance replacement rental and sometimes Enterprise will run weekend specials on a calendar day). For instance, if you pick it up on Friday and return Saturday, then it's two days, regardless of pickup or dropoff time. Calendar day rentals don't run on a 24 hour clock.

That's all I meant by the 24 hour day rental thing.

Hope that clears up what I meant.

Em

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom