Captain Marvel

Princess Leia

Just got back from “the other Captain Marvel,” Shazam! Don’t know why people championed to see this over Marvel’s. They were both good! Highly recommended if you like a lot of humor :)
I actually loved Shazam.

I don’t have any affiliation for Marvel vs. DC, and I think the rivalry is dumb, but Shazam has the best cast of any DC film. It was an absolute blast.
Your mini reviews are making me excited for it, hope to see it this week.

I know there are probably a couple people out there who are going to be upset that Captain Marvel isn’t going to reach Black Panther numbers, but there has been a serious crop of good films this spring. Last year, Black Panther easily overcame a lot of dud weekends to stay on top of the box office.

Bairstow

I actually loved Shazam.

I don’t have any affiliation for Marvel vs. DC, and I think the rivalry is dumb, but Shazam has the best cast of any DC film. It was an absolute blast.

I definitely preferred Shazam to Captain Marvel.
It has a very similar vibe to Spiderman Homecoming.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
CM's BO is now $1,038M. That puts her seventh in the MCU and still behind Aquaman, Incredibles 2, and The Dark Knight Rises for superhero movies. She has a good chance to pass at least four of those.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Wait, Incredibles 2 did $1 billion?

Undeserved imo.

It stayed in theaters for over 6 months! Its BO just kept climbing and climbing.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
At $388M currently sitting at number 8 for MCU films, its about to bump GotG2 for number 7 likely by end of today's viewings when numbers come out tomorrow.

Wouldn't be surprised if its bumps CA:CW for number 6 in the next couple of weeks after people start watching it again right before they see End Game. Especially with all the MCU movie marathons going on at theaters across the country next week.

Princess Leia

Princess Leia

While this is bumped, I think it’s fair to mention that the movie has gotten a bump back up the charts from Endgame’s release. I told a friend to see it before Endgame, since she hasn’t seen either film yet.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
While this is bumped, I think it’s fair to mention that the movie has gotten a bump back up the charts from Endgame’s release. I told a friend to see it before Endgame, since she hasn’t seen either film yet.
Yep, I don't know if it'll break $459M to knock off AoU, but it'll come close. So it'll sit either 5 or 6 of all Marvel movies, and Endgame will likely be hitting 1.

Mike S

I'm all for woman power and applauded how the MCU has moved to a lot more female leads, but that is just plain silly. Besides they have already setup Monica Rambeau to become CM in the future.
As long as they’re relatable and well developed as characters I’m fine with whoever they bring in.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Petition Demands Captain Marvel Be Played By Gay Woman of Color – Not Brie Larson

This is pretty stupid

Well, frankly, you shouldn't have posted that because it gives such things an oversized representation in discourse.

And the website that posts a petition that only has about 30 signatures shouldn't be every linked to here again. And it should be eternally shunned for giving such a fringe activity oversized exposure.

If I was a mod, I'd immediately put that website on the banned words list so no one here would every have to hear from it again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom