captain eo closing ?

Goofyernmost

are they bringing back HISTA?
Probably not, but putting Capt. EO out of it's misery, is at least a start.

I believe that they are planning on only having three things to do in Epcot (maybe 4) Soarin, Mission: Space, Test Track and American Adventure. This is being done due to constant complaining from upper management about the fact that there are too many Guests showing up. Here they have a nice quiet scenic place and all of a sudden all these people show up demanding things and generally making the executives lives difficult. And they are sick of it. The plan...no people, no hassles! It should work.

There are probably a couple of things that they didn't think out. But in the meantime, they don't need fountains, food service, FP's, CM's, Maintenance, etc. It's a guaranteed bonus utopialand, for now. :greedy:

Goofyernmost

Captain EO was a great 1 time viewing but after that we don't care to view it again. It would be nice to see something modern in their
Yup! That one viewing in 1986 did it for me. Never felt a need again and even though I didn't care for it or MJ that much, I still felt that Disney's exploitation of MJ's death was classless. Tribute my butt. Chance to get paid Guests in the parks, for sure.

Bairstow

I'm not really a Michael Jackson fan but I still kind of like this show. It's a huge mess but it kind of works, and it's ambitious on a scale that Disney would never try today.

At the beginning they say it's been restored, along with "most of its original special effects".
So what's missing?

Goofyernmost

I'm not really a Michael Jackson fan but I still kind of like this show. It's a huge mess but it kind of works, and it's ambitious on a scale that Disney would never try today.

At the beginning they say it's been restored, along with "most of its original special effects".
So what's missing?

I cannot speak for others but, I can tell you that, in my opinion, there was never anything in the show that was worthy of committing to memory. I needed the file space for important stuff, like my golf scores.

wdwfan4ver

HISTA is not going to be brought back. The Honey I shrunk the Kids Franchise is long forgotten.

Captain EO isn't the answer in that space either and something new is needed in that space.

The fact is Captain EO was brought back because people wanted Disney to bring back Captain EO shortly after Michael Jackson's death.

Last edited:

willtravel

I thought they brought Captain EO back because HISTA was sponsered by Kodak. And with Kodak no longer sponsoring pavillain they needed something both at DLR and WDW. But probably wrong.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I heard in a to good to be true post that that area is going to be used as the post show because they are putting track where the gift shop and Image Works is. Like I said, great dream but i'm still not getting my hopes up.

Dragonrider1227

In a way I'm kinda glad. I like the show. It's amusing for what it is but they only brought it back to cash in on the Michael Jackson mourners. Which when you stop to think about it, is kinda cold ._.

Matt_Black

While I like Captain EO, this current run definitely had a limited shelf life. Personally, I'm hoping for a Once Upon a Time 4-D show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom