Cape May/Epcot Question

Doombuggy13

Hello Everyone,
I'm trying to plan out where to make my ADR's for our Sept trip. We were thinking of going to Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club for dinner one night while at Epcot. My question is, Can we walk to the Beach Club from Epcot? If not what other resort Rest. could we walk to from the International Gateway?

JerseySkiddie

You can definitely walk to the Beach Club from the International Gateway. We took the boat over there in April and it took forever cause it was running behind and then walked back along that path. We were like are you serious? That was it? It was much faster to walk!

Enjoy your trip!

Upvote 0

lpet11984

In fact, it's one of our favorite places to walk...the international gateway is really cool, and it's so nice just to be able to step out/take a boat out of Epcot and stroll around the Boardwalk and the Beach Club. Enjoy!

Upvote 0

Tomcat47

Yes you can walk from the International Gateway entrance in World Showcase to Yacht, Beach and Boardwalk Resorts. Especially nice to walk from there to Epcot to walk off the meal and watch Illuminations. My wife and I usually will have dinner at Yachtsman and walk over to Epcot after.

Upvote 0

Phonedave

Without knowing your physical activity level. A walk to the Beach Club, Yatch Club, or Boardwalk is easy. The Swan and Dolphin may take you 10-15 minutes, but its also an easy walk. You could even make it to DHS from EPCOT (been there done that) but that will take you a while and I would not want to then walk back to EPCOT afterwards.

It a pretty level path and makes for a nice walk. If you do walk to Swan or Dolphin, and you find its too far, you can allways take a Friendship back.

-dave

Upvote 0

mynonnie

You can walk easily. Just keep an eye on the time. We did that last year and when we walked back to Epcot it was closed leaving us with no way to get back to the monorail to get back over by MK where we were meeting friends. Had to go find a bus.

Upvote 0

elizs77

We ate at Cape May's this past Saturday night for dinner. It was my favorite buffet of the trip! Food was good, but clams were a bit more sandy than I'm used to having.

Anyway, it's a very quick walk to Epcot at International Gateway. This was perfect for us because the day before we had done Future World, Mexcio and Norway, and we needed to do the rest of the World Showcase, so this let us out in the perfect spot. It probably took us 10 minutes because our 5 year old was interested in the scenery, but you could do it much faster if you are a moderate walker.

If you don't want to walk, there's a boat that goes from the Yacht Club to the Gateway. But honestly, by the time you walk to the boat, you could have walked halfway to the Epcot entrance.

It's supposedly a 15 minute walk from Beach/Yacht to the Studios as well, but I've never done it.

Upvote 0

pacochran

We stay at the BCV and it's a quick walk from the gateway. I would definitely walk as last year my DW, DD, DS decided they wanted to take the boat and I decided to walk, and I arrived and had to sit down and wait for them.

Cape May is a good buffet. Depending on what you want to spend the Yatchsmen Steakhouse (expensive) is a good place to eat.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom