Cape May Cafe or Flying Fish Cafe???

Cookees

We are planning on dining at Cape May Cafe or Flying Fish Cafe one night during our week-long stay. My youngish father (60) who lives in Daytona Beach is meeting us for a few days in the World. This will be his first night and he hasn't seen the Y&BC or the BW. [Can you believe this and he's lived in Florida for 25 years???] Anyway, he really likes good food and exceptional service (price is not an issue)!! Also, I know we would like to walk around the BW after dinner to enjoy the atmosphere and work off our food. Our party consists of myself, my father, DH, DS (15), DS (9) and DD (6). Can anyone please suggest which restaurant and why, or if you have another BW suggestion please hand that over as well!!

Thanks in advance for your plentiful and helpful suggestions.

Only 7 weeks to go!!!!!

sigsegv

Originally posted by Cookees
We are planning on dining at Cape May Cafe or Flying Fish Cafe one night during our week-long stay. My youngish father (60) who lives in Daytona Beach is meeting us for a few days in the World. This will be his first night and he hasn't seen the Y&BC or the BW. [Can you believe this and he's lived in Florida for 25 years???] Anyway, he really likes good food and exceptional service (price is not an issue)!! Also, I know we would like to walk around the BW after dinner to enjoy the atmosphere and work off our food. Our party consists of myself, my father, DH, DS (15), DS (9) and DD (6). Can anyone please suggest which restaurant and why, or if you have another BW suggestion please hand that over as well!!

Thanks in advance for your plentiful and helpful suggestions.

Sounds like you've got your mind made up already. ;) I thought that Flying Fish was okay, but I don't much like seafood, I'm not a "foodie", and most gourmet food really doesn't turn me on. My DW, OTOH, does sometimes like something a little more hight class. She thought it was good, but after all the hype (FF does get a lot of good reviews), she was a bit disappointed too. Service was about average for WDW sit-down dining.

You mentioned Cape May Cafe. This place is more my speed food-wise. Only at there once, but I liked it quite a bit. (I even ate my zuchinni, squash, and carrots -- veggies I'll almost _never_ eat :) ) OKW is nice at night too and from my experience, it's quieter than BW.

There are other very good places to eat (both for people like me and for people with more refined tastes) around WDW (V&A's, California Grill), but if you want to stick fairly close to BW, these aren't bad choices.

BW at night is quite nice and regardless of where you go for dinner, an hour or so at BW afterwards would be time well spent.

-sig

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom