Capacity Counter

lukacseven

I think last year Goofy Challenge and the half were closed by Memorial Day. The full didn't reach capacity until late December. I think the 5k closed around the end of August. I'm not sure if Goofy is back to 3,000 runners, or if they mantained the expanded 7,500 as they did for the anniversary.

Christi22222

I had a great time doing the Goofy in 2009, but honestly those prices have got to be having an effect on folks signing up. It was fun, but was it many hundreds of dollars fun? Wow, they need to re-think that. Heck, around here, folks are looking for cheaper races than a $90 marathon. That's a dollar store price compared to Disney. Nevermind the travel costs associated with Disney races. Sheesh!

GoofyFan1

Original Poster
Half Marathon is now at 70%
Goofy Challenge 55%
Marathon Finally at 50%

By this time last year both the Half and Goofy were at capacity. Then they re-opened the Goofy.

fmingo36

The Wine and Dine 1/2 and Relay are now at 86% and 85% capacity.

I wonder how they will determine the capacity for this race. Total runners on the course or so many relay teams vs. full race runners. I'm some what disappointed in the W&D 1/2
website. With less than 3 months to go, there is still very little information regarding the race.

dreamfinder

With less than 3 months to go, there is still very little information regarding the race.

I think that is a side effect of it being a new race, they are still working out the details. The first ToT was the same way. Not many details until just before the race. In fact, stuff that was posted at the beginning of the week, changed by the time we checked it, changed again when the race started. It's frustrating, but par for the course for Disney.

fmingo36

I think that is a side effect of it being a new race, they are still working out the details. The first ToT was the same way. Not many details until just before the race. In fact, stuff that was posted at the beginning of the week, changed by the time we checked it, changed again when the race started. It's frustrating, but par for the course for Disney.

VERY FRUSTRATING INDEED! :mad:

I am someone that spends hours upon hours researching and preparing for my Disney trips. And since the W&D 1/2 is part of my next trip, the more I know the happier I'll be. Also I've convinced my DH to run with me and it's his first race and I feel bad because I really have no information to share with him.

I really would love to see a picture of the course. I like to print this off and bring to the gym with me. It's great inspiration. Running 4 miles on the treadmill-look at the map and think "right now I'll be passing the Tree of Life" or whatever. It makes the training a little more bearable.

Blueliner

I am someone that spends hours upon hours researching and preparing for my Disney trips. And since the W&D 1/2 is part of my next trip, the more I know the happier I'll be. Also I've convinced my DH to run with me and it's his first race and I feel bad because I really have no information to share with him.

I really would love to see a picture of the course. I like to print this off and bring to the gym with me. It's great inspiration. Running 4 miles on the treadmill-look at the map and think "right now I'll be passing the Tree of Life" or whatever. It makes the training a little more bearable.

Agreed. I spend almost no time on treadmills, but I sometimes run on an indoor track. As the laps go by, I like to visulaize where I'll be during the race. Right now, I'm just kind of guessing (i.e., "Now I'm crossing the bridge between Expedition Everest and the Finding Nemo musical.").

I tried to map out the route on www.gmaps-pedometer.com using the course description. The good news is that there do not appear to be any out-and-back sections, unless you consider running from WWOS over to Animal Kindgom and then toward DHS and Epcot an out-and-back.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT

As I have said before, I like to study the course as well. Hypothetically, if you were to enter the WS and think the finish line is 200 meters away to only find out that you had to circle the WS and actually had 1 mile left... that is a killer.

Yes, we should look at the mile markers and obviously know that it isnt that close, but Ill give you and example: When running the Talladega race, we entered the infield through the tunnel about mile 10. I had forgotten that we then had to run all the way across the infield before picking up the apron again and then making a half lap. I thought we came out of that tunnel and then started a lap. Running across that infield was mentally a killer. If I had known/remembered, I would have expected it.

Agreed. I spend almost no time on treadmills, but I sometimes run on an indoor track. As the laps go by, I like to visulaize where I'll be during the race. Right now, I'm just kind of guessing (i.e., "Now I'm crossing the bridge between Expedition Everest and the Finding Nemo musical.").

I tried to map out the route on www.gmaps-pedometer.com using the course description. The good news is that there do not appear to be any out-and-back sections, unless you consider running from WWOS over to Animal Kindgom and then toward DHS and Epcot an out-and-back.
OK, so im not the only person that tells myself the same thing while running. My favorite thing to think is, "these last 3 miles are the most important... if you quit now you will quit in the race. Push push!"

Wine & Dine and relay are both up to 97% full. Running out of time to register!
Cool. Im glad it is filling up. I want this to be successful so that repeat the event, but also so they know they need to get there S together and get the course map and other details uploaded.

fmingo36

I want this to be successful so that repeat the event, but also so they know they need to get there S together and get the course map and other details uploaded.

I talked with someone at the Disney Endurance Dept. the other day. He said that the race course was being finalized and that a course would be on the website soon. (Fingers crossed)

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I talked with someone at the Disney Endurance Dept. the other day. He said that the race course was being finalized and that a course would be on the website soon. (Fingers crossed)
Yes... fingers crossed. Nice job calling. Last time I called about something, the girl I spoke with was very rude. I didnt get a name unfortunately, so I havent wanted to call back. :D

I assume these are USATF certified courses ?

-dave
Hopefully.

Figment82

I broke down and registered when it was at 97%. I was hesitant about shelling out that much money (I'm already registered for the Half in the January) but this will be my first ever half marathon and I wanted one that was a little unique. Now that I've spent the money, it's time to step up the training! 74 days to go... ugh!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom