Cant request a King Size?

alysmom

Original Poster
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site and so far am very impressed with the amount of information available here.

This will be my 3rd year visiting since having my daughter. She will be 3 when I arrive. I just called to make a room reservation. The past 2 years have been no problem in getting a King Size room since my daughter sleeps with us. Now I ask for the same King Size and since shes 3 the agent said they cant give me a king size? Are they for real?

Can anyone comment on this please? I'm so upset right now. :shrug:

Cmdr_Crimson

Welcome! It might also depend on what's available when you are going...I requested a king in a preferred room at POP and had no problem and I'm going by myself...You can always try again..Who knows you might be able to get it. I hope this helps

alysmom

Original Poster
Thanks for the quick reply. They said up to 2 people only for a King. I'm calling again and see what happens.

maelstrom

When your daughter was two, you could book a king size bed because she didn't count towards room capacity. They had her figured in as sleeping in a pack-and-play. Now that she is three, she counts towards room capacity, and a king bed's capacity is only two people. Don't expect to be able to get around it.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
When your daughter was two, you could book a king size bed because she didn't count towards room capacity. They had her figured in as sleeping in a pack-and-play. Now that she is three, she counts towards room capacity, and a king bed's capacity is only two people. Don't expect to be able to get around it.

BINGO!!!

You are correct here. If you request a king bed in a room the only other bedding that you would be able to add is a pack and play or portable crib for those of you who don't know what that is. At age 3 she is no longer considered an infant as she is now in the "child" catagory and will now not only need a separate bedding accomodation in the room but will be charged for tickets and dining.

Pam

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom