Can't Decide: Caribbean Beach or Animal Kingdom?

Peter Parker

We have a trip planned for Oct 29, 2005. We have reservations at Disney's Caribbean Beach. We liked the "vacation" look of the resort. It looked like a nice relaxing place. However, we have a 4 year old son who loves animals. I think he would love to see the animals in the Animal Kingdom Resort, even if the apperances might be few. Please give us your feedback on both resorts.......

Off site Oct 1999
All-Star Music 1/2002
All-Star Music 3/2003
Pop Century 2/2004
Pop Century 12/2004

WED1971

Without DOUBT, any at all -- AKL!!!! Yeah, it's kinda far from the parks, but if anything, because of that, the bus service was all the better...

Trust me, it's completely worth any of the hassle - it's truly a magnigicent resort!!:D

Upvote 0

WED1971

BTW - if you choose AKL (and you should) make SURE you request a savanna view - sometimes if resort capacity is low, front desk will do this for you automatically...

it's a must -- especially with a child who loves animals...

Upvote 0

imagineer99

Peter Parker said:
We have a trip planned for Oct 29, 2005. We have reservations at Disney's Caribbean Beach. We liked the "vacation" look of the resort. It looked like a nice relaxing place. However, we have a 4 year old son who loves animals. I think he would love to see the animals in the Animal Kingdom Resort, even if the apperances might be few. Please give us your feedback on both resorts.......

You're comparing a deluxe resort to a moderate. Obviously, the Deluxe will be superior...

Upvote 0

TTATraveler

Well, if $ is of no concern, and AKL is available, I would definately stay there.

CBR is great, but you really can't compare a moderate to a deluxe.

Upvote 0

cherrynegra

Definitely go with AKL. And if you do stay there, don't forget that they also have guides out on the paths around the lodge with night vision goggles that you can use to see the nocturnal animals. I think your four year old would find that most interesting to see the animals at night as well as during the day.

If you wish to know more about AKL, just click here. Hope the info helps you in your decision. :wave:

Upvote 0

bhg469

AKL hands down!! I actually found CBR to be my least favorite moderate as well. If money is not an option you must stay at AKL.

Upvote 0

Iakona

I think he would love to see the animals in the Animal Kingdom Resort, even if the apperances might be few.

AKL all the way, and the appearances will be many.

Upvote 0

Peter Parker

Original Poster
I understand that a deluxe resort may have more amenities, but this does not ensure a better overall experience. I have visited most of the resorts during my WDW stays & I am not sure I would consider some of the high end resorts. In some cases the layout falls short, in others the atmosphere. We actually have reservations made for Carribean Beach & felt AKL would be a nicer overall all experience. We visited AKL & my spouse was impressed by the look & design of AKL, but did not see a single animal the time we visited, & my husband found the outside vewing area a bit small. Maybe this was because he was expecting the grounds to be a bit more like FWL. All we really have to go by for Carribean Beach is website's, video's, magazine's, etc., & it looks very "VACATIONY"........... We did eat breakfast at Boma's & this was probably one of the best breakfast we have had at any destination..............

Upvote 0

bfulmer

Caribbean Beach vs. AKL

If money is not a concern: Animal Kingdom Lodge is most definitely the better choice. Caribbean beach is "vacationy" like you say, but is in my opinion the worst laid-out resort on Disney property. Nothing is well-connected and everything is a long walk. The caribbean theme is bright and fun and many guests enjoy it, however, if you're looking at moderates and want to be able to relax and enjoy your surroundings, I suggest Port Orleans Riverside. It has a lot of hidden amenities and the majority of the rooms are conveniently located. One of the really cool amenities there is the boat shuttle to Downtown Disney.

If the choice remains Caribbean Beach or Animal Kingdom Lodge, though, I think you'd be happiest with AKL. I know your experience may have been different, but I've never been there when there weren't animals visible and they have scheduled guided tours as well which could be perfect for your child.

I hope you have a great vacation!

Upvote 0

Iakona

Peter Parker said:
I understand that a deluxe resort may have more amenities, but this does not ensure a better overall experience. I have visited most of the resorts during my WDW stays & I am not sure I would consider some of the high end resorts. In some cases the layout falls short, in others the atmosphere. We actually have reservations made for Carribean Beach & felt AKL would be a nicer overall all experience. We visited AKL & my spouse was impressed by the look & design of AKL, but did not see a single animal the time we visited, & my husband found the outside vewing area a bit small. Maybe this was because he was expecting the grounds to be a bit more like FWL. All we really have to go by for Carribean Beach is website's, video's, magazine's, etc., & it looks very "VACATIONY"........... We did eat breakfast at Boma's & this was probably one of the best breakfast we have had at any destination..............

I am suprised to hear you saw no animals. We stayed there for 11 days and saw many animals each day. The only thing I can think of is during the day when most guests are in the parks they do bring them back for treatments etc. If you are staying there you willsee animals in the morning and at night, several species are active at night and the animals sleep on the savannah.
They viewing area (Arusha Rock) was more than adequate for viewing the animals. Also, there are multiple smaller stations throughout the resort. In addition, your son will love the bedtime stroy telling each night, the rubbings, arts and crafts things, and night vision viewing of the animals.
I would suggest looking at these 2 sites for more in depth information:

http://allearsnet.com/acc/faq_hot.htm
http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/aklodge/default.asp

Upvote 0

Peter Parker

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for your reply. Animal Kingdom it is. I guess that when we visited the resort it was at a time when the animals were being treated and that is why we did not see them.

:) Hakuna Matata

Upvote 0

WeLComeHomE OKW

I agree with everyone, AKL is spectacular. You have to get a view of the Savanna though, be sure to request it. It is simply amazing to look out your window and see giraffes and all sorts of wildlife. Go for AKL!!!!! :sohappy: :sohappy:

Garrett

Upvote 0

Peter Parker

Original Poster
It was considered except we did not want to switch up in the middle o the trip. It does seem that most of you are saying Animal Kingdom. I guess that is what it will be. I am sure it will still be a blast............

Upvote 0

STITCHRULES

There is no question you should stay at AKL. Especially if you have never been. Whiel Savannah view is nice, we have had pool view and you can see and hear the animals there too. The food is fabulous, the theming can't be beat- without a doubt you should try AKL.

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I'd say AKL.

About the Animals:

In a trip to the resort Mid-June, during the heat of the day, I only glimpsed a giraffe in the distance.

Later in July, I saw a few animals because we visitted lated afternoon as it was starting to cool down.

This past week, we went again mid to later afternoon and animals were everywhere. It was overcast an breezey at the time. We saw zebras, big giant cow-like thingies, things that resembled wart hogs, various interesting birds, and of course a giraffe.

Upvote 0

dvm

without a doubt, AKL is the best. My 3 y.o son had the best time watching from our balcony. Concierge was great too, and it allows you to do Sunrise Safari, which is wortht the extra $$

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom