Canon EOS 300D on its way..

feistyblue

Original Poster
Hi everyone, I'm new here, found the link on the DIS, and just love this site, and in particular think this is a great board!

I ordered the Canon today after much deliberation, it was in fact this site that directed me towards the Canon! I'm really excited and hoping it will arrive by Friday as I'm holidaying with my family next week - sadly not at Disney World though!

Claire

pisco

Hi Claire! :wave: Welcome to the boards.

I am also a 300D owner and absolutely love the camera. I'm sure you will too. Unfortunately, I have not had a chance to take mine to WDW yet either. Please post some pictures when you get back from your holidays. Where are you going?

I had my camrea out at a small horse show my wife did last weekend. There are some pics at http://www.chebellashilohs.com/www_04 if you are interested to see them.

Cheers.

feistyblue

Original Poster
Hi Donald

Thanks for the welcome!

Wow, what great photos - my 2 fave subjects as well, photos and horses! Your wife looks like a great horsewoman, those photos of her were great!

I'm going on a cruiser boat with my parents and my 6 year old to a part of the UK called the Norfolk Broads. It's described as "a unique area of water, grazing marshes, fen and woodland, and home to some of the rarest plants and creatures in the UK. It is Britain's largest protected wetland, having similar status to a national park" so I am hoping for some great photo opportunities, although my son and seascapes are my usual favourite photo subjects!

I'm praying really hard that the camera arrives tomorrowas promised!

Claire

DonickCo

Your so luckey, lately ive been wanting to upgrade from my sony V1 to the 300D, but i haven been able to bring myself to do it as i have alot invested into the sony allready, i wish u the best of luck with the canon

-DonickCo

pisco

Thanks for you kind words Claire. I'm glad you liked the pictures. My wife is a very good equestrian and has a wall full of blue ribbons to prove it. :) She has been riding since she was 5 and just lives for it.

Sounds like you are going to be at a great place taking pictures. Have fun on your trip.

Dave, I agree with you about the 20D but it had better kick the Rebel's butt since it will cost almost twice as much with the kit lens! As for me I am still loving my Rebel and see no reason to upgrade yet. Maybe when next year's models come out.

Garco

PhotoDave219 said:
I think i know someone who will buy the memory sticks.

Anyhow, save for the 20D. Kicks the Digital Rebel's bootie.
I've read so many reviews on this camera in the past few days, and I think I might just go out and steal one. I have a moderate Canon Powershot A80, which is pretty good for a "point and shoot". But I've been wanting to upgrade to a digital SLR, and so far the 20D seems like the best bet.

Although, it may be a bit on the pricey side...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom