Canoes and keel boats

KevinPage

What exactly is the difference between a canoe and a keel boat?

I know DisneyLAND still has the canoe ride, but did they ever have a keel boat?

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Original Poster
The canoes are the long boats that are guest powered, while the keel boats are the small motorized two level boats. Frontierlands answer to the Omnibus on Main St.

Irrawaddy Erik

Basicly the Keel Boats and the Canoes are under indefinate "rehab" the last time I saw the canoes out was for the CM canoe races a while back.

KevinPage

Steve,

Thanks. Do you have a photo, as I can't imagine Tow Sawyer raft, Riverboat, canoes AND Keel boats all in the same area.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Original Poster
They also had TWO riverboats at one time. The Admiral Joe Fowler and the Richard F. Irvine. (is my spelling right?). That river was downright crowded at times.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Original Poster
Almost forgot, the keel boats used to land next to the HM in Liberty Square, next to where the HM fastpass location is.

Irrawaddy Erik

Originally posted by steve2wdw
They also had TWO riverboats at one time. The Admiral Joe Fowler and the Richard F. Irvine. (is my spelling right?). That river was downright crowded at times.
Correct, The Richard F was renamed the Liberty Belle and the Admiral Joe met an unfortunate end durring a rehab of Rivers of America.

*Edit Mixed up DL and WDW

mrtoad

Are the riverboats gone? Were there 3 boats? I have read one once with a woman's name (not the Empress Lilly).

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Original Poster
I thought that the Richard F. was renamed the Liberty Belle. How unfortunate for the Admiral Joe. I read that it slipped off it's carriage during the river rehab and the hull was totalled.

Irrawaddy Erik

I thought that the Richard F. was renamed the Liberty Belle. How unfortunate for the Admiral Joe. I read that it slipped off it's carriage during the river rehab and the hull was totalled.
Sorry mixed up DL and WDW

Yea basicly that is what happened

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom