Which hotel would you choose?

• Candy Cane Inn

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Sheraton Park Hotel

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

captainkidd

Original Poster
Which would you choose? I like the free breakfast and free shuttle at Candy Cane. I like the rooms and pool at Sheraton. Surprisingly, CCI is actually a bit pricier. Which would you choose?

Daannzzz

I would choose the Candy Cane but I would choose what is closer as we love the convenience of the short walk form the closest accommodations. I have stayed at both and the Sheraton Park Hotel was nice with comfortable rooms and more amenities. The pool area was a bit more attractive and larger.The walk is a bit too far for us now.
Candy Cane is a Motel but has always been comfortable and fine. I think it has more personality and it is an easy walk. But we are fine at all the Best Westerns and close in motels. You may prefer the Hotel feel of interior corridors and a tower building.

Darkbeer1

My complaints about the CCI.

VERY SMALL rooms

VERY few tables for the free breakfast

Wi Fi was spotty, not sure about today.

If you get a Sheraton Park CLUB room, you get free breakfast and Happy Hour, plus a better view, since they are the top floors. Ask for a park facing room.

captainkidd

Original Poster
I think we would opt for the Deluxe room at CCI. Not sure why, but something about it looks very cozy. I also like the idea of the free frequent shuttle.

Darkbeer1

The CCI Shuttle runs every 30 minutes. ART runs every 20 minutes. The ART passes can be bought at a discount for your entire stay, plus you get full use of the ART system, plus the OCTA local buses.

www.rideart.org

captainkidd

Original Poster
Doesn't ART stop at a bunch of properties? I read it can take 30 minutes to get to the park, whereas CCI is about 5 minutes.

GiveMeTheMusic

Doesn't ART stop at a bunch of properties? I read it can take 30 minutes to get to the park, whereas CCI is about 5 minutes.

While I can't speak to ART, CCI is close enough to the esplanade to walk. Dedicated shuttles are great too, but it's really not taking you very far. It's roughly .35 miles from CCI to the pedestrian entrance on Harbor Blvd.

captainkidd

Original Poster
While I can't speak to ART, CCI is close enough to the esplanade to walk. Dedicated shuttles are great too, but it's really not taking you very far. It's roughly .35 miles from CCI to the pedestrian entrance on Harbor Blvd.

Yeah I'm thinking more about the walking distance from the Sheraton.

BrianLo

Depends how comfortable with walking you are in general. Candy Cane Inn you are walking the depth of California Adventure. If you take transport to get across a park more often than walk it, the shuttles might be for you. Personally I would walk rather excessive distances before taking transit.

I've stayed at the Sheraton several times and the walk is quite reasonable. It's a bit long if you want to go back and forth from the hotel to the parks multiple times in a day (for a pool break, etc.). But otherwise it's quite convenient, albeit about the max I think the average person would tolerate.

The club rooms are nice and you actually have one of the relatively few reasonable park/fireworks views from the top. The club as mention has free alcohol for a couple hours and hors d'oeuvres.

Darkbeer1

OK, there are multiple ART Routes, many have 3 stops.

Route 7 serves HoJo's and the Courtyard (same stop) and only has 3 tops, basically one small circle that goes around 2 blocks in a counter clockwise direction. The goal is to make the complete loop in 20 minutes, including pick ups. ART also has the ability to add extra shuttles if demand is high. CCI only has one shuttle, so if it is full, you have to wait 30 minutes or walk.

The CCI shuttle takes about 15 minutes including load/unload time. Also they take an afternoon break.

www.rideart.org/routes-and-schedules/hotel-circle-clementine-line/

CCI and HoJo's are the exact same walking distance to the Main Entrance Plaza.

amjt660

Premium Member
Hi
We stayed at cci in 2006 and Sheraton in 2014

Even though the walk is not much further to Sheraton in distance it is worlds away

By this I mean that the cci walk is along the outside of dca only

Sheraton takes you across the street ( which can add time and frustration with traffic) and puts you more " in the city" and away from " magic"

Of the two I would easily pick candy cane again

Max

captainkidd

Original Poster
Hi
We stayed at cci in 2006 and Sheraton in 2014

Even though the walk is not much further to Sheraton in distance it is worlds away

By this I mean that the cci walk is along the outside of dca only

Sheraton takes you across the street ( which can add time and frustration with traffic) and puts you more " in the city" and away from " magic"

Of the two I would easily pick candy cane again

Max

Thank you. That makes a lot of sense.

One possibility is my MIL has a timeshare so we might be able to stay at the Worldmark. A bit further away, but if it's free, obviously worth it. If that doesn't work out, I think we've decided on the Candy Cane Inn.

captainkidd

Original Poster
We ended up choosing Candy Cane Inn. Actually had started considering both Park Vue Inn and Grand Legacy. Really liked the pool and look of rooms at Grand Legacy, but there were too many negative reviews about it. Park Vue had some good reviews and we loved the location, but didn't care for the rooms. We went with Candy Cane as the walk seems very manageable, if not as close as the others, but there is the free shuttle and I struggled to find any negative reviews about the place.

Phroobar

Just stay away from Captain Kidd's and Tiffy's unless you want food poisoning and bad service. Tiffy's needs to be bulldozed.

captainkidd

Original Poster
Just stay away from Captain Kidd's and Tiffy's unless you want food poisoning and bad service. Tiffy's needs to be bulldozed.

We'll do a character breakfast in the park, breakfast at hotel or head over to IHOP. Dinner will be either in the parks, Bubba Gump or Cheesecake Factory.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom