candlelight processional narrators announced

seabee1

Original Poster
Hey all, hope everyone had a great 4th, mine was fun, but I wasn't at Disney, so it wasn't as fun as it could have been.:p Anyway, I did some searching and didn't see this posted anywhere, hope I am not reposting.

The list of tentatively scheduled narrators for the candlelight processional have been announced, no dates to when who will appear yet though. They are as follows...

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]-- Cuba Gooding Jr. (Oscar winner for "Jerry Maguire")
-- Maureen McGovern (Oscar winning singer and recording artist)
-- Kirk Cameron (from television sitcom "Growing Pains")
-- Gary Sinese (from television's "CSI: NY" and also your CapCom in the Mission: SPACE preshow)
-- Rita Moreno (Oscar winner for "West Side Story" and from television's "Oz" )
-- Marlee Matlin (Oscar winner for "Children of a Lesser God" and from television's "The West Wing")
-- Stephen Curtis Chapman (Christian music's most decorated artist)
[/FONT]

There ya go! Have a magical day!:wave:

hokielutz

Seriously, you can't expect A-List hollywood and top Billboard types to do these narrations for what is really a small event. The only exception to this rule is if the people have a secret love of Disney and are willing to waive their appearance fees.

I think that Disney is lucky enough to have Cuba Gooding Jr.

JimboJones123

Gary and Marlee are staples aren't they. How many nights in a suite do they get for this? Usually they speak for what 3/5 nights or so. What a great Gig. It would be hard to catch Fantasmic though.

prberk

hokielutz said:
Seriously, you can't expect A-List hollywood and top Billboard types to do these narrations for what is really a small event. The only exception to this rule is if the people have a secret love of Disney and are willing to waive their appearance fees.

I think that Disney is lucky enough to have Cuba Gooding Jr.

Or perhaps a secret love of Christ or Christmas. For that, it is a very nice event. Kind of like a professional cantata. Perhaps it adds a little meaning to the normal empty Hollywood glitz for some like Gary. For others, it might be nice to work with an orchestra and trained choirs for that special time of the year, when they normally do not. Something different, and meaningful, but who knows their individual intentions? I do know that it is a very reverent Christian program.

I enjoyed it when we went several years ago. Sandy Patti, an excellent Christian singer with a trained classical voice, was there when we saw it; and she sang with the choirs as appropriate.

Paul

lunalovegoddess

It would be really nice to see Marlee Matlin. I have tremendous respect for her, as well as the other potential speakers.
Last year we were fortunate to see Eartha Kitt. (It was a very unique experience, since our children were barely able to keep from bouncing in their seats... because she voiced Yzma. :lol:)

SIR90210

Oy! It's Gary again! I've seen him...2-3 times already. A good narrator, but enough is enough. I'm hoping for Cuba Gooding or Marlee Matlin.

Chape19714

BRER STITCH said:
WOW!

You sure that isn't LAST year's list????

I can hardly tell them apart!

:hammer: :lol:
No, Lou Diamond Phillips is not on the list...He was very good, but everyone was good that night cause I was in the show!

Jen Jen

I love Gary Sinise!

I think it sounds like a wonderful list! I would truly love to see Kirk Cameron or Gary Sinise, since unlike those who may be tired of him, I've never had the pleasure of seeing him perform. As far as I know, he pretty much is an A list actor, isn't he? Regardless, I think the message is more important than the messenger. I can't wait until they release dates!
:xmas:

tnchefbear

of all the past performers, I want to see James Earl Jones again, he was the best I have ever seen do it, but to my surprise Ben Vereen and David Ogden Stiers in 2003 were both fantastic...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom