Candlelight Processional Hosts

MinnieMommy

We saw the CP for the first time last year, and it was with Kirk Cameron.
He did an amazing job!

We saw Kirk Cameron last year also! He was so passionate and seemed so thrilled to be up there! At the end of the CP, he even gave a small testimony!

I think I have a few pictures...

100 days and we will be there!! :xmas:

Mr_Tom_Morrow

I'd love to see David Robinson..I'm A huge fan of him

Do the stars spend any time out in the park prior to or after the processionals?? I'd hunt him down and have him sign my jersey :D

yodathefrog

Candlelight is probably one of the most moving and spectacular Christmas shows I have ever seen anywhere. I was blown away (literally) by the Herald trumpeteers set up on the sides of the theater. We had the pleasure of seeing Steven Curtis last year...very good.

RiversideBunny

They sell a music CD of the Candlelight Processional at the cart in front of the American Adventure.
It's from 1998 I think, with Phylicia Rashad.

:xmas:

tnchefbear

I have 2 favorite presenters, the first, and I saw him in 2003-04 was Ben Vereen (SP), He was so good and passionate, he did not tell the story, he preached it like from the pulpit. The second one is James Earl Jones... OMG... I heard him do it from japan one time and went running to try to see him but I couldn't get anywhere close... his voice sounded like thunder rolling through world showcase... I have moved to Las Vegas now, but if he were presenting I would be booking my seat NOW!!!

EdandAmy

Anyone have experience w/ seeing Edward James Olmos?

Do the corners of his reading pages have the corners cut off? :lol: (Battlestar Galatica reference)

Chape19714

Wow, didn't mean to kill the thread. :brick:

Is the lack of anyone having seen Mr. Olmos an indication that I should avoid??
I was in Candlelight choir when Mr. Olmos performed, and he was very good, not my favorite narrator, but an excellent one, he has great passion and loves the show (as he told us backstage).

prberk

Wow, didn't mean to kill the thread. :brick:

Is the lack of anyone having seen Mr. Olmos an indication that I should avoid??

I think the CP is mostly a function of the program, and only slightly a function of the host, as most hosts seem genuinely interested and flanked by complete choirs. Not to mention the power of the story itself.

Also, except for locals, most people have to determine when they go based more on when they can make the trip, rather than who is hosting. (Although, I know that can make a difference in planning.)

So, I think most of the hosts are worth seeing at least to try. I cannot see Mr. Olmos doing a bad job. He would probably do a good job.

All I am saying is that most of the narrators are genuinely interested themselves, and so if you like that actor anyway, you probably will be pleased with anyone you choose to see.

Paul

Figment571

We saw Jim Kavesil (Cavesil?) it was amazing. It was touching and he really did an incredible job. Bob Iger was there. Another time it was supposed to be Roy but he couldn't make the flight due to heart problems.

kag1984

I got to work the CP the year Eartha Kitt was there. She was amazing. During the show she wouldn't roll her R's too much (probably out of respect for what was being read) but when she would take a personal moment at the end of the show she would. The last night she was there she wished everybody a verrrry merrrry chrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrristmas and the whole audience went nuts. She was one of my all time favorites (I got to see everybody that year). My other favorite was Rita Moreno from West Side Story. The two of them had such personality, and enthusiasm. I know that so many people loved Jim Caveziel and Gary Sinese but I just didn't get it with them. When Marlie Matlin does her performance she signs the reading, and her translator reads the show. Then at the end she does speak and says a few personal words to the audience. I didn't think that I would enjoy it, but I actually ended up really appreciating the beauty of sign language.

A part of an annual tradition...

The Candlelight Processional has become an annual tradition for us. We have been visiting WDW every Christmas for 8 years now. Each year we've seen the Candlelight Processional and attended the MVMCP at the Magic Kingdom, those events really mark the begining of the holiday season for us. We've had the pleasure of seeing multiple guest narrators over the years. While some were definitely better then others, no one was terrible. Two of our favorites from years past were Jim Caviezel and John Tesh. Jim had just released "The Passion" a few months earlier and the crowd was understandably moved. John Tesh however was an enormous surprise. It was almost unexplainable how he really connected with the audience. We had the opportunity to meet him later outside the boardwalk health club. Very nice, very approachable.

This year we will see either Steven Curtis Chapman or Chita Rivera. We still haven't decided.

Captain Hank

I was in Candlelight Cast Choir last year (I'm actually in one of the pictures posted earlier in the thread). I got to sing with most of the narrators, and I though most of them were very good. My all-time favorites were Gary Sinese, Kirk Cameron and Rita Moreno (she was a little over-the-top, but at least she was enthusiastic). Kirk Cameron actually came backstage and chatted with the Cast Choir between performances. My least favorite by-far was Mario Lopez. By his actions, he made it very clear that he DID NOT want to be there. He even text-messaged on his cell phone behind the podium while onstage. I'm not surprised that he wasn't back this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom