Candlelight Processional Dining Packages Sold Out For All Days Instantly

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I'm frankly surprised they haven't moved this into the Event Center so that all those freeloading interlopers walking by the amphitheater can't hear the music for free.

danyoung56

I'm frankly surprised they haven't moved this into the Event Center so that all those freeloading interlopers walking by the amphitheater can't hear the music for free.

What? I've done this many times, and have enjoyed my Standing Room at the back of the theater. You're not paying for the performance - you're paying for a seat. Heck, they even have speakers in the back of the theater so that us "freeloaders" can also enjoy the show.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What? I've done this many times, and have enjoyed my Standing Room at the back of the theater. You're not paying for the performance - you're paying for a seat. Heck, they even have speakers in the back of the theater so that us "freeloaders" can also enjoy the show.
They have large and loud speakers at the very front, too. You're not really hearing much of anything that's not out of the sound system.... so, anywhere where there are speakers is just as good acoustically as anywhere else.

Disstevefan1

Yesterday I was told after being on hold for over a hour to check back at 3am Pacific time Online. So I was up before 3am pacific trying to book online. ( Staying.on property and have park pass).
Online was erroring out when checking available times , but finally just said it is sold out. I tried every day the processional is held. Tried calling WDW dine at 7am eastern and first got a line whose recording broke up, hung up and after ten minutes of circuits all busy I got the normal hold mrssage. On hold for 2.5 hours and the hold message changes to say all processional packages are sold out. So I hung up at that point.

It is hard to believe they sold out every showing of every day in the first minutes that any package was available

Definately not a good Disney experience. I could picture the date I desired selling out quick, but not every date selling out instantly. ( or as fast as I could check every date online)

if this is not a data /programming error they may want to look into randomized waiting queues such as was done for Hamilton when it was first on tour.
Pent up demand + Very poor Disney IT + Very poor Disney call center = No Candlelight Processional Dining Package even when you start calling at 3AM

This is bad. I am very sorry to hear this.

Disney Experience

Original Poster
Pent up demand + Very poor Disney IT + Very poor Disney call center = No Candlelight Processional Dining Package even when you start calling at 3AM

This is bad. I am very sorry to hear this.
The good news for my wife and I is that I tried at a random time on a random day a few weeks ago...and I got a dining package on Christmas Eve!

But yeah the planning and execution (IT and phone) was not too good. Perhaps they could have done a random waiting pool people could join ahead of time(As in 30 minutes ahead of ticket release) like was done for Hamilton plays a while back when they were in high demand (Dr. Phillips Center in Orlando).

Disney did open up the possibility of getting a package on the day of the event. So they have done a few steps to mitigate the opening of package tickets fiasco.
I am glad they did that, and they may have even slowly released more packages . I do not know if the one I got was due to a cancellation or because they offered more packages weeks after the original release.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom