Candlelight Processional 2022?

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Original Poster
Anyone have any idea when they will announce a preliminary list of narrators for 2022? Pre-covid, wasn't there usually some kind of announcement by now? I know last year we didn't hear anything until early November, but if I remember correctly, that was because the decision to hold Candlelight at all was a last minute one. A friend who is a local high school choir director indicated that they plan to have high school choirs back, as they've received their literature about it.

So...anyone know when the announcement may come?

I'll update the thread as news comes in, of course.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Original Poster
I am waiting to hear too. I thought I read that Sept. 14 was the date they announced it last year.
Looking back, it looks like they announced the return of the Processional on September 14. However, they didn't announce who the initial roster of narrators would be until an October 16 DPB post.

I wonder if we'll have to wait until mid-October to see who the narrators might be. NPH has been pretty vocal about wanting to return this year, so hopefully they can work that out.

ilovetotravel1977

This is the last thing for me to book for our trip in just over two months. I'm not fussed on who the narrator will be as we have our park days already booked. I'm curious if they will have more options for dining packages this year.

heapster411

It's getting close to my 60 day ADR window; be nice to be able to plan which day I'd be going. Last year was such a mess, hopefully this year is better, but with the way things are going, I don't hold much hope.

Comped

From what I was told, NPH pulled out this year due to political issues with Disney, and others may have followed suit. Not sure if things have patched/will be patched since then (was probably like a month or two I heard about this), but it's a possibility and a bit of an issue. Might be why Disney's having a hard time announcing - they might not have enough celebrities.

heapster411

From what I was told, NPH pulled out this year due to political issues with Disney, and others may have followed suit. Not sure if things have patched/will be patched since then (was probably like a month or two I heard about this), but it's a possibility and a bit of an issue. Might be why Disney's having a hard time announcing - they might not have enough celebrities.
You would think with the amount of talent at their disposal, they would have a plan. They used to have a schedule they would put out with many dates "TBD" . In the spirt of the Candlelight Processional, do we really need Big Name Celebrities? It's about the story, not the actors, IMHO. You have aspiring "actors" in the ranks as Cast Members. It would elevate the CM status to be risen from those ranks.

aladdin2007

many of them are out of California so not surprised. I imagine they are doing it out of spite towards Florida, Im sure they see nothing wrong with chapeks disney, unfortunately. From what I understand they have quite the long waiting list of celebs who would like to host, and they can't all be from california, so it shouldn't be a problem to find more.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
do we really need Big Name Celebrities? It's about the story, not the actors, IMHO.
In actuality, the narrator's script is the same for each narrator. The celebrity du jour only speaks for about a minute about being so happy to be there, and that's the only personalization they add. So, yeah, they really don't matter much. Tho, big name celebrites like NPH or Whoopie Goldberg are their own attractions. And a Disney crowd enjoys the voice actors of favorite Disney animation films.

NPH would throw in a little funny movement during I Rejoiced because of how upbeat the song is, but that's it. I like the celebrities who are themselves singers and who join in for all the songs instead of awkwardly standing there.

The only celebrity I didn't like was James Olmos who thought the crowd would join in the "So say we all" call and response from the long canceled Battlestar Galactica and was clearly inebriated as he couldn't remember the name of the conductor whom he called a 'dear friend.' Surprisingly he was asked back the next year to narrate. <eye roll>

DCBaker

Premium Member
Narrators announced so far - dining packages go on sale Oct. 6th*.

11/25 – 11/26: TBD
11/27 – 11/29: Edward James Olmos
11/30 – 12/1: Raul Esparza (NEW)
12/2 – 12/3: Whoopi Goldberg
12/4 – 12/6: Isabella Rossellini
12/7 – 12/9: TBD
12/10 – 12/12: Josh Gad (NEW)
12/13 – 12/14: Gloria Estefan (NEW)
12/15 – 12/18: Neil Patrick Harris
12/19 – 12/20: Mariska Hargitay (NEW)
12/21 – 12/23: Cal Ripken Jr.
12/24 – 12/26: Marie Osmond
12/27 – 12/28: Courtney Vance
12/29 – 12/30: Angela Basset

*Edited to change the date dining packages go on sale - it was originally listed as Sept. 29th and Disney just changed it to Oct. 6th.

Last edited:

Comped

Narrators announced so far - dining packages go on sale Sept. 29.

A mix of the traditional with the more eclectic choices... One of whom may have forgotten that Disney does not own SVU...

TheMaxRebo

Narrators announced so far - dining packages go on sale Sept. 29.

Josh Gad is the narrator when I am there .... I am guessing the line to get in will be very, very long

DCBaker

Premium Member
Details on the dining packages -

Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 5.44.27 PM.png

Make Reservation
Beginning October 6, 2022, check availability online—and secure your spot for this limited-time dining experience. Advance reservations are highly recommended.

Same-Day Dining Packages
Planning a last-minute visit? You may be able to purchase a same-day dining package, which allows you to:
  • Dine without reservations at Spice Road Table or Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue that day
  • Enjoy guaranteed seats to a Candlelight Processional performance later that day
To check availability for same-day dining packages, visit Spice Road Table or Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue during the Festival. Packages are subject to availability and may not be available on peak dates.

Important Information
  • Candlelight Processional Dining Packages are only offered during the holiday season.
  • Alcohol will only be served to Guests ages 21 and older.
  • Reservations require a credit card guarantee.
  • Guests will receive Candlelight Seating badges at the restaurant after their meal. The badge will specify the date and show time they have reserved.
  • Guests with the Dining Package will enter America Gardens Theatre in a separate queue and will be seated on a first-come, first served basis. Seating is guaranteed.
  • Guests who have not reserved a Candlelight Processional Dining Package will be seated at the Candlelight Processional on a first-come, first-served basis. Seating is based on availability due to limited capacity.
  • To enter EPCOT, both a theme park reservation and valid theme park admission are required. EPCOT admission is not included in the price of the dining package.

heapster411

I am glad that this is announced, My ADR date is 10/6, and my preference is Biergarten, hope my stars are in line so I can obtain it for 12/7, or 12/8.
Cat Please GIF by Atinum

Last edited:

gorillaball

Highly reliable source that you trust? 😉

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom