December 8-10 - Angela Bassett
December 11-13 - Yolanda Adams
December 14-16 - David Hartman
December 17-19 - Scott Hamilton
December 20-22 - Blair Underwood
December 23-28 - Gary Sinese
December 29-30 - Jody Benson

DisneyCP2000

Cool! Thanks, I know a couple of members are looking for this list. So do you think they're going to keep Phylicia Rashad on the CD or are they going to change it to one of this years narrators?

ImaginationHost

Original Poster
I assume that Phylicia Rashad will remain on the CD this year but that they will record with one of the new narrators for next year's CD.

ImaginationHost

MinnieFan

thanks for posting the list. I've been waiting for it to come out. I'll be able to make it for Roy Disney in Saturday, Sunday or Monday. Do you think the crowds will be just CRAZY then? :hammer:

Should I wait until John Tesh? We are going to MVMCP on Tuesday the 3rd.

It is getting so close... 44 more days!:) !

Jodigrl328

That would be awesome to see Roy Disney.

How funny would it be though if they had someone like Gilbert Godfrey or Bobcat Gold(something or other). lol maybe i'm just weird but to me that would be comical. :lol:

prberk

I didn't realize that they had Phylicia Rashad on the CD. The copy that I have, which was recorded a few years earlier, has Louis Gossett, Jr., on it, and he is wonderful for the program.

BTW, I don't think that a comic would be appropriate for what in essence is a celebration of the glory of the Nativity.

Main Street USA

I'll be going with my wife and parents on the first night, the 29th. Roy Disney!

For those that are curious, there is a package that costs about 40 - 50 bucks per person, which includes dinner at your choice of WS Restaurant, the tip, and priority seating at the processional. Not too bad considering the time spent in line is eliminated (hours) and you get a really nice dinner!

We'll be dining at France and then catching the later processional. Hope to see you there!:)

General Grizz

Yup, Roy's coming. I'm trying my darndest to clear my schedule on any of those three days. But it's just too darn early!! I go to the Candelight every single year...but it's always in Mid-December...but, who knows. Maybe that good ole spirit will kick in early...and school will be cancelled! :lol:

wishiwere@wdw

Originally posted by Main Street USA
I'll be going with my wife and parents on the first night, the 29th. Roy Disney!

For those that are curious, there is a package that costs about 40 - 50 bucks per person, which includes dinner at your choice of WS Restaurant, the tip, and priority seating at the processional. Not too bad considering the time spent in line is eliminated (hours) and you get a really nice dinner!

We'll be dining at France and then catching the later processional. Hope to see you there!:)

Thanks! :) How did you make the reservations? Is it limited to only certain restaurants? Our favorite is Le Cellier Steakhouse. My only other concern would be bringing a 6 month old to priority seating. Bad idea? We will be there from Christmas to New Years so I guess Gary Sinese will do ;).

Main Street USA

Originally posted by wishiwere@wdw

Thanks! :) How did you make the reservations? Is it limited to only certain restaurants? Our favorite is Le Cellier Steakhouse. My only other concern would be bringing a 6 month old to priority seating. Bad idea? We will be there from Christmas to New Years so I guess Gary Sinese will do ;).

Just give Disney Reservatiopns a call and they'll take care of you. As far as I know you get a pretty wide selection of restaurant choices. At least one at every country.

Also, I've seen plenty of kids in the priority seating area. It's like the first 10 - 15 rows. Actually, the best thing about the priority seating is not having to wait in line for 2 - 3 hours and wonder whether you'll even get in. Youjust walk right up to the front and show them your pass.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that you get a cool lanyard with a pass, a VIP tag for your shirt with the showtime and date on it, AND a collectible pin that you can't buy in the shops!:)

DisneyCP2000

whatever you do, please don't show up at the last minute (from a cast member who worked at the show)... Priority seating guarantees guests a seat but not necessarily the best if guests wait till the last minute. also please give yourself and your family enough time between dinner and the show. I've seen a couple of families show up late because of slow service in certain restaurants. I got the fall 2000 pin where mickey changes the 2000 to 2001 pin. It's VERY cool!

Have a great time during Holiday's Around the World!!! :wave:

jcrb

Originally posted by ImaginationHost
Here is the list of the 2002 Candlelight Processional Narrators for Epcot:

November 29, 30 and December 1 - Roy Disney
December 2-4 - John Tesh
December 5-7 - Marlee Matlin

I want to go when Roy Disney narrates it.

Thanks for the list.

O2Binspired

dinner package--late meal

Thanks for posting that list, I was hoping for Gary Sinese and we got him (on Christmas Eve). He's a fav. actor of ours. We reserved the dinner package last month: CP at 6:45, dinner at Chefs de France at 8:10. We arranged it through the Poly concierge, but I know you can do it through regular means if you hurry and call, it seems this event books very fast, but it's all a first for us. I wished we would have also been able to see Illuminations after our dinner, but the timing was off-- the right seatings/restaurants were already unavailable to do so.

Anyone know if we will still be able to see the parade as we make our way to France for dinner after the CP? I assume Illuminations will then start around 9, and we'll still be dining on...je ne sais quoi!

Also, if the park closes at 9:30, will they be rushing us through dinner, or is there an appropriate later exit for this situation?

wishiwere@wdw

Thanks again Mainstreet. Just made reservations for Le Cellier Steakhouse for Friday the 27th. I made sure to leave plenty of time between dinner and the 8:15 show to get there in time. Only $40 bucks a person (minus the beverages). Not bad and it sure beats waiting in those long lines with a 6 month old child!

wdwfan22

Just an FYI for everyone Scott Hamilton has cancelled his appearance. December 17-19 is TBA

Originally posted by ImaginationHost
Here is the list of the 2002 Candlelight Processional Narrators for Epcot:

November 29, 30 and December 1 - Roy Disney
December 2-4 - John Tesh
December 5-7 - Marlee Matlin

radioandy

Originally posted by Jodigrl328
That would be awesome to see Roy Disney.

How funny would it be though if they had someone like Gilbert Godfrey or Bobcat Gold(something or other). lol maybe i'm just weird but to me that would be comical. :lol:

Bobcat Goldthwait (?) reading the Christmas story! Now THAT would be funny :D

It would be better than Leeza Gibbons trying to squeeze out some tears when we went a couple of years ago :rolleyes:

Main Street USA

Originally posted by wishiwere@wdw
Thanks again Mainstreet. Just made reservations for Le Cellier Steakhouse for Friday the 27th. I made sure to leave plenty of time between dinner and the 8:15 show to get there in time. Only $40 bucks a person (minus the beverages). Not bad and it sure beats waiting in those long lines with a 6 month old child!

Yep, sounds like you got the good deal. When you get to Epcot, go straight to guest relations first thing and pick up your lanyard, free pin, and vip pass. Then wear it around all day and look special!:D

O2Binspired

what's a lanyard?
and do you have to go to guest relations and presumably wait in a line to get this stuff?...I was wishing the concierge would have it for us at our hotel since they made the reservations for us...or maybe it's no big deal to stop for it--during the busiest week of the year?:confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom