Candlelight Dinner for Two on Polynesian Resort Beach?

Tomcat47

My wife and I are going to Disney in Sept. for our 5th wedding anniversary. We read in the 2007 Birnbaum's Disney Without Kids Guide that couples celebrating a special occasion at the Polynesian can book this. The book didn't give anymore info than that. Does anyone know anything else about this or has anyone ever done this. How much is it? Is it worth it? What was the meal? Is it really private? Any info would be appreciated.

Tomcat47

Original Poster
No this is advertised as a romantic Candlelight Dinner for couples celebrating a special occassion on the white sand beach of the resort. This was listed in one of there little known fact type boxes at bottom of the page. This is totally seperate from the Luau.

Upvote 0

tamibar

I personally don't have any info but, try Steve "tikiman" Seifert"s (SP?) web site -tikiman2001.homestead.com- His web site is amazing. If you can't find info on the site you can email him personally. If anyone knows it would be him. My hubby and I stayed @ The Poly last summer to celebrate our 10th. Where ever you are staying, let them know it's for a special occasion. We were upgraded for free to concierge and they send balloons and a picture of Mickey and Minnie. I'm not saying you will be upgraded but you never know. Good Luck! And Congrats!

Upvote 0

lilclerk

I just looked up all sortsa info on the Poly and the only special dinner I could find was the Luau.
I'd suggest calling the Poly directly and asking them: [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]407-824-2000

That sounds really nice, though, I hope they still have it!
[/FONT]

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I believe this used to be booked under special dining services or special events, but has been removed fairly recently. It used to be a private butler service, with your choice of food from a special menu.

I think they still offer private dining at some locations at the Grand Floridian, but not as mnay as they used to.

Good luck! Let us know if you find anything.

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

I believe this used to be booked under special dining services or special events, but has been removed fairly recently. It used to be a private butler service, with your choice of food from a special menu.

I think they still offer private dining at some locations at the Grand Floridian, but not as mnay as they used to.

Good luck! Let us know if you find anything.

I'm sure if you are willing to drop the $$$ they will still do it. Maybe $500 plus tips? It may be better at GF anyways. Then you won't be limited to Kona and Ohana menus.

Upvote 0

justducky78

I had never heard of this until just now - that sounds awesome! I would love to do that with my husband sometime. I googled it and this is all I could find - it was on the intercot website. It's not at the Poly, though, but the Grand Floridian. I'm sure you can do that at anytime (Sept?), not just Valentines Day like they mentioned.

http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/adults/valentinesday.asp

Dining:
For ultimate romantic moments, a private dinner for two is in order. If you are at the Grand Floridian, you can have dinner on the beach gazing at Cinderella's Castle. Simply call private dining from any phone on the resort.

Upvote 0

Tomcat47

Original Poster
I found it in tne NEW 2007 Birnbaum's Walt Disney World Without Kids Guide. So if it didn't exist last year they have just recently brought it back. It sounds like you can do it year round.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I found it in tne NEW 2007 Birnbaum's Walt Disney World Without Kids Guide. So if it didn't exist last year they have just recently brought it back. It sounds like you can do it year round.

There is a possibility that the book is incorrect. If this change came about after the book went into print, which is not that uncommon, the information would be incorrect. A call directly to the Poly or Disney Dinning will provide the only definitive answer.

Upvote 0

Tara Stone

When we visited in September we had some info on this...we ended up not having enough time to do it though, we wish we had. We were at the Grand Floridian and it was my understanding that this was booked through Private dining or I believe you could also do it through the concierge or through the itinerary planners for the platinum plan if your on that.
I remember that you could do this on the beach or on a pontoon boat (we had a lunch on there) or even on the GF's yacht. I think they just need 24 hours notice, but I suppose as much notice as you can give them the better!
Hopr you have a wonderfully romantic time!!:animwink:

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

My wife and I are going to Disney in Sept. for our 5th wedding anniversary. We read in the 2007 Birnbaum's Disney Without Kids Guide that couples celebrating a special occasion at the Polynesian can book this. The book didn't give anymore info than that. Does anyone know anything else about this or has anyone ever done this. How much is it? Is it worth it? What was the meal? Is it really private? Any info would be appreciated.

This is still being offer but cannot be booked in advance of your trip. To book this (or other simular private events) you must contact private dining (room service) from your in-room phone once you have arrived. Note, these private dining events are not available to day guests not staying at a one of the Disney-owned Resort.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom