Cancelled, Then Rebooked - A Trip Report (July 2 to 7)

Okay, everybody...here's my annual attempt to entertain and inform the masses of here on the WDWMagic boards with a retelling of my latest trip to the World. As always I'll write a day or so at a tme here on the same thread. So, if you enjoy what you read so far, keep checking back until it's all through. I apologize now, I am a rambling writer at times.

Preface

Last July, after returning from our yearly trip, we began to tentatively plan thi year's little jaunt to Orlando. We were planning on travelling with a family we've come to be very close to, the 4 "K's, Mom K, and the 3 daughter Ks. This trip started as a joke by Mom K. She kept saying to her daughters how if they ever went back to WDW they should go with my wife and I. The joke grew to more serious conversations to actually planning.

We set the dates of July 7th to July 15th for our pilgrimage. As time passed, we got more and more excited until late March/Early April of this year. We found out the father in the family lost his job, followed shortly by serious health issues which would obviously effect things. We all still kept the trip booked with the hopes that things would get better. Unfortunately, they did not, and the "K"s had to make the tough decision to pull out of the trip.

We cancelled and did not rebook. My wife and I decided for the time being that we would not go this summer since money is always tight. A tough decision was made, a decision which weighed heavy on us for quite some time.

Re-Planning

Fast-forward to early June, and the Disney bug was biting us HARD. We started to try to figure out if there might be a way to go, no matter what we had to do to get there. After much deliberation and lots of math, we figured we could do it and rebooked. All of the Value resorts were sold out at the time, so went Moderate, a first for me since we've only ever stay in either the Comtemporary on our honeymoon or Values for everything else.

Interestingly enough, our new trip days overlapped a trip by the "M"s, Mom and Dad who are co-workers and their daughter "C". They are huge Disney fans as well as DVC members, so needless to say, we were excited to spend a little time with them at Disney.

Now, with very short time (as opposed to usual). we came up with our general game plan and counted down the days, hours and minute until we would hit the road.

The Final Plan

July 2nd - 7th at the Caribbean Beach Resort on the Disney Dining Plan

Coming soon...The Final Countdown

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom