"Cancelled" Annual Passes Still Active?

John Zeller

Original Poster
For those who cancelled their annual passes, are your passes still showing up in DME as active?

We had annual passes that were due to expire March 23, 2020. I renewed them at the end of February by paying all up front (not monthly payment plan).

Parks closed 7 days before my existing Abs expired. Parks reopen and my existing AP shows as expiring August 17, 2020 and the renewal expiring August 17, 2021.

On August 10 I cancelled my passes via chat with the understanding that my passes would be cancelled on August 12. As of now, my renewed passes are still active in DME and show as expiring August 17, 2021. I was even able to make park reservations.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm wondering if Disney only cancelled my existing AP with the 7 days remaining.

begood524

For those who cancelled their annual passes, are your passes still showing up in DME as active?

We had annual passes that were due to expire March 23, 2020. I renewed them at the end of February by paying all up front (not monthly payment plan).

Parks closed 7 days before my existing Abs expired. Parks reopen and my existing AP shows as expiring August 17, 2020 and the renewal expiring August 17, 2021.

On August 10 I cancelled my passes via chat with the understanding that my passes would be cancelled on August 12. As of now, my renewed passes are still active in DME and show as expiring August 17, 2021. I was even able to make park reservations.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm wondering if Disney only cancelled my existing AP with the 7 days remaining.
My pass is still active. All I care is that I get my money back!

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
Perhaps they are left in a kind of limbo state for some amount of time that doesn't charge you, but reactivates the pass if you decide to use it. I've never had an annual pass. I'm just spitballing, but it seems like the kind of "fine print" tomfoolery that today's Disney might engage in.

JoeCamel

I have a theory, when you let one expire you have 30 days past to renew at the offer price correct?
Maybe the pass stays active for 30 days in case it is renewed and no changes to the system were made for cancellations/refunds

mgf

I am guessing they have no process for mass cancellation - kind of like they did not have a process for mass extensions - of annual passes. So they let people cancel but are not sure exactly how to shut off the passes.

jmp85

Yes. I wrote Disney about this and this is the response I received:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort, and thank you for the time you have spent with us as annual passholders.

Based on the information you provided, we were able to partner with our Internet Help Desk to find that your request went to processing on August 3.

We appreciate your patience during these unprecedented times; as we work through the process of removing your annual passes from your My Disney Experience® profile.

All refunds should be processed by mid-to-late September. If at that time you have not receive it or have further questions, we invite you to contact us at 407-939-7277 and a Cast member will be happy to assist you.

We thank you for the time you have spent with us, and we sincerely hope to have opportunity to entertain you at some time in the future.

If you have any other questions or challenges, please do not hesitate to contact us, and we wish you a magical day!

Sincerely,

Ireland
eCommerce Sales and Service Team

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
Thanks for starting this thread... my kids passes are still active too. I was concerned, but this put my mind at ease somewhat.

IMDREW

I canceled my passes in May and they're still showing up in MDE. I contacted Disney and got told they have indeed been canceled, so I just let it sit there and look at it now and then.

Amused to Death

We chose to cancel, refund checks have already been received, but our passes are still showing as active in MDE. No clue as to whether we could still get into the parks or not.

Scott Redding

I received a refund check as well, but I believe it was for the time period they were closed from March until July as I had opted for the refund over the extension back around May. I then called back early August to cancel my AP for the remaining time left on it. The cast member said I would receive a refund for the days from August 12, 2020 until my expiration date of February 25, 2021. The date on the check I received was right around the time I called to cancel the AP outright- no way they were that fast in issuing a check and the amount was way too low to be for the complete cancellation. Also, the cast member on the phone had said that the cancellation checks would start going out in mid-September. So again, so still too early for that check to have been for the complete cancellation and had to have been for the time period of their closure.

twilight mitsuk

I received a refund check as well, but I believe it was for the time period they were closed from March until July as I had opted for the refund over the extension back around May. I then called back early August to cancel my AP for the remaining time left on it. The cast member said I would receive a refund for the days from August 12, 2020 until my expiration date of February 25, 2021. The date on the check I received was right around the time I called to cancel the AP outright- no way they were that fast in issuing a check and the amount was way too low to be for the complete cancellation. Also, the cast member on the phone had said that the cancellation checks would start going out in mid-September. So again, so still too early for that check to have been for the complete cancellation and had to have been for the time period of their closure.
That was the closure time partial refund

bdinger

It sounds like some of you already received the prorated refund for the time the park was closed. Does anyone know if they're done processing these refunds, or if they're still processing them? I had called many months ago and requested a prorated refund for the closure (in addition to a refund for the extra 1 month via their web site), but have yet to receive anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom