Cancellation Quesion

arich35

My wife, 1 year old daughter, my brother, and I are planning a trip next April. We have decided to stay off resort to save a little money and have more room but we really don't want to shell out the $1,600 to get tickets for us all at once.

If I were to book a vacation through Disney with a resort and tickets would it be possible to cancel the resort stay but keep the tickets a couple months before the trip? I know we can cancel the whole thing or change dates around but I don't want to risk losing park reservation spots if the system is still in place.
I don't think they would allow this but I haven't seen anything online anywhere so seeing if anyone here knows.

nickys

Premium Member
My wife, 1 year old daughter, my brother, and I are planning a trip next April. We have decided to stay off resort to save a little money and have more room but we really don't want to shell out the $1,600 to get tickets for us all at once.

If I were to book a vacation through Disney with a resort and tickets would it be possible to cancel the resort stay but keep the tickets a couple months before the trip? I know we can cancel the whole thing or change dates around but I don't want to risk losing park reservation spots if the system is still in place.
I don't think they would allow this but I haven't seen anything online anywhere so seeing if anyone here knows.
If you cancel a package the tickets are automatically cancelled too.

Upvote 0

arich35

Original Poster
If you cancel a package the tickets are automatically cancelled too.

Okay that is what I thought, it is impossible to just cancel the hotel and keep the tickets.
Do you know of any way to do a payment plan for Disney tickets besides a credit card.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Okay that is what I thought, it is impossible to just cancel the hotel and keep the tickets.
Do you know of any way to do a payment plan for Disney tickets besides a credit card.

Disney doesn't have a payment plan for regular tickets.

A few options would be to save up money and buy tickets one and a time, or all at once at the end, from a ticket reseller. This would save you a little money.

Or you can buy Disney Gift cards from somewhere locally a little at a time. (You can combine the value of multiple cards onto one or two cards. Each card can have up to $1500 on it.) There are a few options to save a little money on these gift cards, like saving 5% by using a RedCard at Target. You can then use those cards to buy tickets from Disney.

Unfortunately neither of these options would get you tickets that can be linked in your account to be able to make FP+ or park reservations until you actually buy the tickets outright.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Hcalvert

Disney doesn't have a payment plan for regular tickets.

A few options would be to save up money and buy tickets one and a time, or all at once at the end, from a ticket reseller. This would save you a little money.

Or you can buy Disney Gift cards from somewhere locally a little at a time. (You can combine the value of multiple cards onto one or two cards. Each card can have up to $1500 on it.) There are a few options to save a little money on these gift cards, like saving 5% by using a RedCard at Target. You can then use those cards to buy tickets from Disney.

Unfortunately neither of these options would get you tickets that can be linked in your account to be able to make FP+ or park reservations until you actually buy the tickets outright.

-Rob
Disney gift cards can only have up to $1000 on them. OP would have to combine to 3 cards.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
As stated no you can't cancel just the resort portion of a vacation package.
Either save up the money and purchase outright or purchase via a credit card and make monthly payments if you are unable to pay it off at once.
If you are concerned that you may have to cancel I would not purchase tickets until you are sure.
How much are you actually saving by staying offsite and having to pay for transportation/parking?
At least if you stay onsite with a vacation package you can cancel the entire thing getting your money back for the price of tickets as well vs staying offsite and cacncelling and being stuck with tickets that cannot be refunded.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom