Canada Query?

lawyergirl77

disneysailor said:
This indicates Disney's real plans for the Canadian Pavillion (as verified by my brother's friends cousin, whose girlfriend is a seasonal CM at the Disney Store in Calgary):

-A new mountain to cover Soarin', with a Brother Bear flume ride.
-An audio animatronic special effects version of O Canada! with full live orchestra.
-A new evening show based on the Monty Python song 'I'm a Lumberjack' with a big finish finale of South Park's 'Blame Canada'
-CM costume changes to incorporate sandals with thick woolly socks
- A meet and greet with a real Royal Canadian Mounted Police Officer (with horse)
-A Roots Megastore
-A full service Tim Hortons bakery and coffee shop :slurp:

As part of the deal with the Canadian Government, Disney have also agreed to build a streetscape of Degrassi Junior High in the Disney MGM Studios.

(To any Canadians out there- my jokes are meant as affectionate. Canada's one of my favourite countries.)
This? Was one of the funniest things I've read in a long time... The sandals with thick woolly socks???? BWAH!!

Mind you, a CM told me last year that they were planning on selling "Canadian Coffee" (i.e. Tim Horton's coffee) at some point soon... Any truth to that rumour, or is Nestle still up to its old monopolistic tricks?

That being said, the film is in desperate need of an upgrade! While I appreciate some of its nostalgia aspects, you can't even see my office building in the Montreal skyline (tallest building in the city, built in the late 80's), and I barely recognized the city when I saw it up on the screen(s)!!!! Last time I saw it, I tried my best not to crack up, but my friends and I erupted into gales of laughter when the song's "French" parts started. While we appreciate the effort, we couldn't even make out what was being said...

lawyergirl77

Bosoxfan said:
Maine also has a few Tim Horton's and my favorite is definatly the soup and donut combo. they go very well together.
Doh! Why didja go and have to bring up donuts now... *must resist... must resist*

God, if I could get me a maple-glazed Tim Horton's donut at WDW, I think my life would be complete!!!!!

jmuboy

I agree that the Canada film is embarassing in its "out-datedness".......the China film was equally outdated until its recent update. Not sure why WDW feels the need to drag its feet on this one. The Vancouver skyline also needs some updateing.

lawyergirl77

Pumbas Nakasak said:
If they up date it wont people just think thyrein the American pavillion? :drevil:

Perhaps... but at least that way they won't think that we still wear stripes with polka dots, and that our technology has evolved past the late 70's... *groan* :hammer:

lamarvenoy

The best 2 things to come out of Canada are Terrance and Phillip....and they are imaginery.just kiddin buddeeee.
They do sell Tylenol 3 over the counter.I wish we did here :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom