Can you help me identify these characters?

Nicole

Original Poster
A friend of mine sent me this picture wondering if I knew who these characters are. I think the girl might be Jasmine but I'm not sure. They say Disney on them.

Attachments

• PB150270.JPG
    PB150270.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 238

Steamboat_Kevin

The guy on the left is Aladdin's father, and you're right, the one on the right is Jasmine.
Those were given out in Happy Meals by McDonalds for the release of Aladdin and the King of Thieves in around 1996 I think.
THE ONLY REASON why I know this is because I have the exact same toys, because I was 5 at the time :lol:

longfamily

The girl is Jasmine and the male figure is Aladin's father, Cassim.
Both Figurines are from the 3rd installment of Aladdin.
Aladdin and the King of the 40 thieves

Indy95

Aladdin's father was voiced by John Rhys-Davies! Whoa! Since when did ACTUAL voice talent sign on for one of the Cheapquel movies?

LewZealand

Indy95 said:
Aladdin's father was voiced by John Rhys-Davies! Whoa! Since when did ACTUAL voice talent sign on for one of the Cheapquel movies?
The Hunchback sequel had most (if not all) the original voice talent. Most chapquels do a pretty good job getting the cast back. The movies make Disney so much money that they can afford to bring back most of the actors.

xfkirsten

Indy95 said:

In the songs Cassim was in, he didn't actually sing, though, that was someone else. That made me sad, cause John Rhys-Davies has a wonderfully strong singing voice (think Raiders of the Lost Ark).

stitchfan

And here's your free bit of trivia for the day...

The name "Cassim" is actually original to the first "Aladdin" movie. There were two drafts done of the film, and after Menken and Ashman had already almost completed a treatment of the songs for the film, the directors decided they wanted to scrap everything they had and re-write the story, giving us the "Aladdin" that was released in 1992.

In that original version of "Aladdin," Aladdin had 3 friends/sidekicks: Babkak, Omar...and Cassim.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom