can you guys help me with water park info?

Koda-bear

I haven't been to TL since August..and BB since 2000....
I'd like to experience BB in our next trip (August '03)...last time there they closed the park early do to a faulty filtration system...all the water was turning a murky green:lookaroun

1) I hear that water parks get packed FAST! Is there one park that is more crowded than the other...

2) when it comes to slides...is BB a favortie...last time there we mainly stayed in the "trainning camp" section...only ventured out to the lazy river!

3) I saw BB as the #2 water park in America...so do they offer more than say TL....I will say that the shark tank is a favorite here....

4) If you had your choice...would you head for BB or TL...

Thankyou in advance....you info is appreciated!:wave:

careship

I am a Typhoon Lagoon lover here. The SHark Tank is a favorite and my boys are finally old enough to do this also. They can't wait to go. I find BB to be way too much walking especially up hill. I prefer the comforts and the surroundings of TL.

Note...my favorite used to be River COuntry.

Upvote 0

barnebd5

me and my family prefer Typhoon Lagoon because of the wave pool, I could stay in it all day, but I am a water slide lover so I gotta try BB out this time i go.

Upvote 0

Koda-bear

Original Poster
Doesn't BB have a wave pool too though....I doubt its as good as the one at TL...but does it at least have waves???

RC was a favorite too...when BB closed the day we were there they gave us passes to another water park..we decided to go to RC...it was that "all-american" experience....I'm rather disapointed that we only got to go once:cry:

Upvote 0

crazygirley

Here are my opinions:

1.) The parks do fill up quick, but in my many visits, I think TL seems more crowded because everyone gathers around the huge wave pool, which is pretty much at the center of the park. The lines for the rides, in my opinion, aren't that long at all for a water park (and I go in the summer!) However, the rides at BB are, again, in my opinion, a little more thrilling, and so, tend to be a little longer. But I would guess that on any given day, they have about the same attendance.

2.) Like I said, I think the rides at BB are more thrilling. The lazy river at BB is also a bit nicer, too. However, the wave pool at BB doesn't even compare to the one at TL.

3.) TL really emphasizes the wave pool, I mean, it's huge! But at BB, the emphasis is more on the rides, for sure.

4.) I have been to BB many times, but I always go to TL more. If I had to choose, I would go to TL over BB.

Hope this is helpful to you!

Upvote 0

disneydawg

They do fill up fast. I have always gotten there when the park opens so its never been a problem. I usually leave early afternoon and there are always people waiting to get in.

I think there are more rides at BB and the water slides are a bit bigger.

I prefer TL to BB. I think the theming at TL is much more immersive than that of BB. BB's theme is okay but I think TL is probably the best waterpark I have ever been to.

Upvote 0

kvan

Originally posted by Koda-bear
Doesn't BB have a wave pool too though....I doubt its as good as the one at TL...but does it at least have waves???

RC was a favorite too...when BB closed the day we were there they gave us passes to another water park..we decided to go to RC...it was that "all-american" experience....I'm rather disapointed that we only got to go once:cry:

they do have
not big waves.. and random

Upvote 0

meanmice

I've only been to TL, but here's my take:
They have a very long version of a lazy river that is ver pretty and very peaceful. The shark tank is a must. They don't come close enough to touch, but it's still pretty cool to see them. Finally, the wave pool. We are big fans of this up here and it is the reason I am taking my boyfriend to TL on our trip. It is the biggest in the USA, i believe and it is wonderful. BB is not for me for many reasons, but mainly because I do not like fully enclosed water slides. Actually I also don't like really high water slides so it's not a good park for me.

Upvote 0

Koda-bear

Original Poster
Originally posted by kvan
and random

Its not random...:veryconfu
read what careship wrote at then end of her post:eek:

Ok guys...thanks a lot...I was thinking about what everyone said...and am still leaning towards BB...
The shark tank is great...but my friend is not one to try it...
The wave pool is great...but we're thrill seekers...
The Lazy river at BB is slightly better (from what I've read, and remember)
But for some reason I do remember BB as a total concrete land...and very few spots had trees for shade...TL did have plenty of that....and the foliage felt like you weren't even in Disney :(...I guess I'm still debating

Does BB have any sandy areas...like the area infront of the wave pool at TL?

Upvote 0

nikechic

If you do decide to BB and don't want to be in the land of concrete, head for the back side of the park where there are some chair and evergreens...and you are on grass and not concrete. Just a thought

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom