Can you give feedback on my planning

steven&evi

Hi guys,

We have booked our visit to WDW in first week of May (7 days :sohappy: ). This is what we have in mind, what do you think:

Saturday: Epcot
Sunday: Epcot
Monday: Typhoon Lagoon
Tuesday: MGM
Wednesday: AK
Thursday: Blizzard Beach
Friday: MK

We live in Europe, and go to Disneyland Paris at least once a year, that is why we decided not to spend too much time in MK.

Any feedback/ideas/suggestions are more than welcome!

tink rules

Try not to be too strict with your days. If you get the Magic Your Way Tickets with park hopping (which I strongly suggest...) You can go from park to park. Some have the EMH's (Extra Magic Hours) and you might want to be able to fit in a bit more than you expect that way.

Also, make sure that you check the schedules at www.disney.go.com and if you click on the date, it will tell you which parades, fireworks, etc and the times they are.

Also... try to fit in some time for your self. The parks may be open later, so you can go back to your resort and rest or swim.

Have fun... that's what it's all about!!!

& don't cut out MK!!! It's still the best!!! You may be able to get in a few hours at one park and then hop the monorail and go to Epcot or vice versa!!!

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

steven&evi said:
Saturday: Epcot
Sunday: Epcot
Monday: Typhoon Lagoon
Tuesday: MGM
Wednesday: AK
Thursday: Blizzard Beach
Friday: MK
1) Day of arrival ? I'm assuming Saturday as you say that you're there for 7 days. What time will you arrive / how long is your flight / how long will you have been up ????
All things to take into account as to whether you will have enough time / energy to consider a park - what about DownTown Disney for an evening on arrival day ?
2) EPCOT is definitely a 2 day park
3) MK increase to 2 days ? I know that you've been to DLP but nothing can prepare you for MK at WDW
4) I would therefore adjust your schedule to include only 1 water park

Upvote 0

mills

I've never been to the water parks, but I could'nt see using two days just for the waterparks(unless you really enjoy this). We usually plan our last day to park hop and hit all our favorite rides, kind of like a marathon of sorts. Two years ago, we hit three parks and did all of our favorite rides, Epcot for Illuminations and barely made MK for their fireworks, followed by a cool down at Jellyrolls:sohappy: Don't know if this is possible for big families, but for two adults(son and retired father), this was the highlight of our the trip.

Upvote 0

octoberbarry

DEFINITELY consider the park-hopper passes. You'll get so much done using those, as did we in October. Like one day toward the end of the trip, we hit AK in the morning to do a few missed things, then hopped the bus over to Blizzard Beach for the afternoon, then ate at Boma for dinner, then hopped bus to DTD for Cirque Du Soleil at night. It was great, and a super full day that we wouldn't have missed for the world...
Not that you'll do that sort of kamikaze approach every day you're there, but it's great to have the option if you need it, especially toward the end of the trip when you're filling in the cracks of stuff left undone.

Upvote 0

Nansafan

We always do both water parks as they offer different things. TL's wave pool and BB has more slides. But the water parks close early which gives you time to visit a park in the evening. Our plan is to avoid the morning EMH park during the day as it tends to be more crowded. Our kids our night owls so getting them up and going to get to a EMH morning park is impossible. It is easier to let them sleep in, avoid that park and head to the one that is open late since we like to stay til closing.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I concur with a lot of the advice you've gotten already...park hopper especially. I also am of the group to only do one water park on a visit. Yes they are very different, but save the other for another visit. I would also be flexable with your waterpark date until you near (or are on) your trip. You can just never tell with the weather.

I would also suggest that you check elsewhere on this site or on www.allearsnet.com and do some meal planning. Reservations have been filling up as of late, and if there are some particular places you want to try, you should book them now. I'm not suggesting booking 3 meals a day, but for those few special spots, like 50's Prime Time, character meals (if desired) Cinderella's Castle....

Upvote 0

nibblesandbits

My advice is to get a park hopper (as others have suggested) and the other advice I have for you is to (if you can) avoid going to the park that has EMHs. Trust me, the waits for lines are a LOT longer if you go to the park that has EMH.

Although, if you have the PH then you can visit the park that has the EMH after that park closes and you won't have such long waits.

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Get a park hopper, and you may want to do MGM again after one of your waterparks. There really is a lot to do there. Don't forget to plan some rest time. Especially if you are staying on-site, it is fairly easy to go back and forth between the parks and the hotel.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Don't know if you are morning people or not, but you will have a distinct advantage if you are at the chosen park at opening. Even on the busiest days, many folks don't get moving until 11 or so, so you have about a two hour window to get FP's and short standby waits on your preferred rides. You then have time to FP for the afternoon and take it at a more leisurely pace.

Upvote 0

New2WDW

Keep in mind AK is a half day park, so if you could couple that with something else that would be efficient! Maybe AK in the morning and MGM in the evening or maybe a nice sit down restaurant that evening! Have fun!

Upvote 0

coltow

I would not save MK for the last day. You may find that you want more time there and if you wait until the end the is NO time left.

Upvote 0

d'Isigny

Do waterparks in the morning...then go to Theme park in the Evening..

Animal Kingdom is beautiful. I could just walk around that park and enjoy myself...it closes at 6:00 or 7:00...gives you plenty of time to head for another park...

Epcot...you need 2 days...enjoy yourself in the World Showcase...try to sample drink or food in each country..

in any of the parks...get there early (days without eater parks) and hit the major rides...head back to room in the afternoon for rest ...head back to Parks in the evening...

catch ALL firework shows

you can sleep when you get home...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom