can you get anywhere on foot from the POP Century resort???

disneyworld07

Original Poster
Hi all,
Can you get anywhere by foot from the POP Century resort? Are there foot paths to get to any of the other resorts or is it all main roads?? Probably sounds silly but am desperate to know!! lol.
Many thanks!

Maleficent98

Info on Pop

Unfortunately there is nothing close to Pop that you can walk to except maybe the Carribbean resort and even then that's a haul. Your best bet is to stick with the Disney bus from Pop to a park or Downtown Disney. Once you at like MGM you can take the boat to Epcot then the monorail to MK. Disney transportation is great and once you are there I am sure that the cast members at Pop will be happy to help you get around Disney property.:wave:

gustavobergesio

Hello, I was housed in that Hotel in Julio, in spite of not being able to assure it, for what I have seen it seems impossible to use foots paths to go to any side.

DARREN DOOZER

That raises a good point why cant you walk around much of wdw outside the parks I always thought that walkways between every area would be a great idea. surely not everyone wants to stuff burgers & sit on a bus? oh well its just us fit brits then.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
That raises a good point why cant you walk around much of wdw outside the parks I always thought that walkways between every area would be a great idea. surely not everyone wants to stuff burgers & sit on a bus? oh well its just us fit brits then.
I would imagine that this is due to the need to add miles of sidewalks and dozens of pedestrian crosswalks. IMHO the biggest reason for not putting in the aforementioned side walks due is WDW's sheer size. A quick example would be walking from POP to MK would be right about 7 miles one way which for the average person is a 2 to 3 hour walk. Even if they were to put in walking paths they would sit pretty much unused.

palmage

Nobody gets fat at Disney, they put something in the water............

CoffeeJedi

why cant you walk around much of wdw outside the parks
Because WDW is HUGE. 47 square miles, that's twice the size of Manhattan!
Not to mention that 2/3rds of that is still undeveloped wetlands, with swamps and aligators, and all sorts of other dangers (even the roads are essentially wide-open expressways). Can you imagine the liability if Disney allowed people to walk anywhere? They can't guarentee your safety. No insurance company in the world would touch them.

Hurricane

Because if you're walking around the property you're not walking around the parks or the shops.

Mystic

Not to mention that 2/3rds of that is still undeveloped wetlands, with swamps and aligators, and all sorts of other dangers (even the roads are essentially wide-open expressways).

And those 'undeveloped' wetlands are going to stay that way. We were told on one of our backstage tours that the greater part of the property would never be developed. The parks and resorts actually take up a very small percentage of the land, while the rest is being left as a nature preserve.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom