Can you bring a laptop into the parks?

Oddysey

Original Poster
With the recent inclusion of free wi-fi in the parks is it allowable for park guest to bring a laptop? I might spend a day working from there while taking in the sites and sounds of Epcot.

JIMINYCR

With the recent inclusion of free wi-fi in the parks is it allowable for park guest to bring a laptop? I might spend a day working from there while taking in the sites and sounds of Epcot.

"I might spend a day" WHATTTT? :eek: What sacrilege!! :eek: Disney should free you from the shackles of work. Let the thought disapear from your mind. Do not let work sneak in and ruin the best day of your life. I forbid you from any further postings of the idea of working while at Disney. The horrors if something like that catches on and others start doing it. PLEASSSSSE NOOOOO

Joshua&CalebDad

Okay not trying to sound smart but why would you do that? I know you said that you might try and work from the parks but, why?

Thats why laptops, smart phones, and any type of electronic decice that can keep you tied to work should be banned from Disney. Just saying. Sorry don't mean to rant about this. :rolleyes:

SulleyanBoo

You are allowed to have laptops in the park. To my knowledge im 99.9% sure there is no rule against them. Working as a cast member I did see the rare site of people on their laptops in the restaurant for sure.

Xethos

Okay not trying to sound smart but why would you do that? I know you said that you might try and work from the parks but, why?

Thats why laptops, smart phones, and any type of electronic decice that can keep you tied to work should be banned from Disney. Just saying. Sorry don't mean to rant about this. :rolleyes:

What if you live in the area and instead of working at home you take a seat out on world showcase for the day? Also a lot of people come down for work conferences at some of the Disney hotels.

Oddysey

Original Poster
Let me clarify some things before people start collecting money to check me into Workaholics Anonymous. I have been a passholder for nearly 9 years and I live only a hop skip away from the parks. When you have been a passholder as long as I have you tend to do strange things like sit in a rocking chair on Tom Sawyers Island for several hours while watching cast members paint the ferry boat. This is because there is no agenda to gets things done because I can experience the magic at just about any time.

That being said, I have been blessed with a career that allows me to make my own schedule and work at any place at any time. Sometimes I get tired of staring at the 4 white corners of my office, and sometimes I get tired of working from home. If I have the unique opportunity to find a cozy spot at one of the pavilions while making money, and experiencing the sights and sounds of Epcot I think it would make what I am doing seem less like work. It certainly beats a day sitting in my office. Am I the only one that sees logic in this or am I crazy?

Gojira ゴジラ

I remember when I worked with Disney for a web related project, they invited us to the park and we had a casual meeting for 2-3 hours there. All with laptop opened. But this was back in 2008 in Disneyland.

MattC

Let me clarify some things before people start collecting money to check me into Workaholics Anonymous. I have been a passholder for nearly 9 years and I live only a hop skip away from the parks. When you have been a passholder as long as I have you tend to do strange things like sit in a rocking chair on Tom Sawyers Island for several hours while watching cast members paint the ferry boat. This is because there is no agenda to gets things done because I can experience the magic at just about any time.

That being said, I have been blessed with a career that allows me to make my own schedule and work at any place at any time. Sometimes I get tired of staring at the 4 white corners of my office, and sometimes I get tired of working from home. If I have the unique opportunity to find a cozy spot at one of the pavilions while making money, and experiencing the sights and sounds of Epcot I think it would make what I am doing seem less like work. It certainly beats a day sitting in my office. Am I the only one that sees logic in this or am I crazy?

I'd do it.

Patricia Melton

You know what? I never thought of this but it might be fun and useful to take an iPad into the parks. You can take photos and video with an iPad. I never ride the really big thrill rides so I could sit with the iPad while my family is riding other rides. It might be a useful thing to have, with all the Disney apps and such. I might think about investing in an iPad for our Disney trips.

real mad hatter

Whit! Here's me thinking WDW was a vacation to get away from work.Silly me. You go ahead and take yer wee laptop and do your work and don't listen to them saying you shouldn't.My god.How sad.

Joshua&CalebDad

What if you live in the area and instead of working at home you take a seat out on world showcase for the day? Also a lot of people come down for work conferences at some of the Disney hotels.

I have been one of those tha came for a work conference. I worked while I was at the conference and when it was time to rest and relax I went and had my fun. Why do we feel a need to mix the two? This is why more and more people get burned out and don't have a good family life. Sometimes its nice to take a deep breath, smell the roses and just relax for a while.

Joshua&CalebDad

I remember when I worked with Disney for a web related project, they invited us to the park and we had a casual meeting for 2-3 hours there. All with laptop opened. But this was back in 2008 in Disneyland.

Can we admit that doing work in the park because it was part of your job is a tad bit different?

Oddysey

Original Poster
I have been one of those tha came for a work conference. I worked while I was at the conference and when it was time to rest and relax I went and had my fun. Why do we feel a need to mix the two? This is why more and more people get burned out and don't have a good family life. Sometimes its nice to take a deep breath, smell the roses and just relax for a while.

Here is what I think is getting lost. I have to work anyways to meet my deadlines for my clients. Many days I can work at whatever location I want. Why not do it at a place that is relaxing to me instead of my stuffy office? I think working at the parks on rare occasion would keep me relaxed and less frustrated when I am working on a difficult project. Instead of walking around the office to get away from my computer for a while, I could take a boat ride on the land, and get right back to it.

Disney World is not the vacation destination for me that it is for most people. I have been there so many times that I lost count years ago, and because of that Disney has more of a home feeling to me rather than a vacation destination. A very relaxing home that is. All being said, I wouldn't work at the parks very often at all. In fact, I am sure it would be extremly rare. It just would be something I may do rarely just to break up the monotony of sitting in the same boring office everyday.

badrew

If I had that type of oppurtunity, I'd be there right beside you! Enjoy your day at the office :)

maxairmike

You know, now that there's wifi at EPCOT, I may actually have to do this and see if it helps me be a bit more productive on days when I feel stuck creatively on projects. Could also be a great way to help "see" a few different scenes when processing an image of the same area...yes, I think I may try this. Of course, it could have the opposite effect and I may end up distracted. Regardless, as a local with similar situations/abilities, it is certainly an intriguing thought.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom