Can we use our old cups???

dznynut

I was wondering if we can use our Resort Cups from 2000 when we go in August. These cups are 10 bucks and allow us to "fill up" whenever we want when on Resort Property.

Or do we have to purchase NEW cups when we go? Anybody have any input on this subject?

Thanks..

:lookaroun

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Although the rules say "good for that trip only", i've never been asked, or even shot a weird look. So gor for it...we have the old all-star ones, and they look nothing like the ones they sell. We even go right through the checkouts and then to the machine with them.

They don't care :)

Upvote 0

Don L Duck

Originally posted by dznynut
I was wondering if we can use our Resort Cups from 2000 when we go in August. These cups are 10 bucks and allow us to "fill up" whenever we want when on Resort Property.

Or do we have to purchase NEW cups when we go? Anybody have any input on this subject?

Thanks..

:lookaroun
Those cups cost practically nothing and the soda is free.Hell so are the cup's and they make $10.00 for everyone sold I really don't think they care.Even if they did can you imagine their embarassment trying to enforce that rule. OH BROTHER:hammer:

Upvote 0

dznynut

Original Poster
Good Point!

Thanks for the replies.... We are taking our old cups and saving the $40.00 bucks it would cost for the four of us. Although 40 dollars is nothing when going to Disney.

:lol:

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

You can use the old ones...as long as they are the same resort. You aren't supposed to use All Star Mugs at Port Orleans. But if you do most CM's do not care.

Upvote 0

hellokitty1

where does it say good for only for this trip ??

we were told we could bring it back for years and years
by the cm....

and we are coming back same year, so the cups look exactly as they sell, so how would they know i bought them in March??

Upvote 0

moonchild

When we stayed at ASMovies in Jan., I accidentally dropped my cup in the trash can. I asked the CM if he would open the lid for me to get it out. He was so nice, He went and got me a new one. ............just another happy CM story

Upvote 0

dznynut

Original Poster
The only reason I asked was...

Some friends of ours just got back from Port Orleans which is where we ALWAYS stay and the cups have changed. That was my only concern....

But all the comments are correct... Now that I think about it, nowhere does it say for this trip only. I guess it is a life long membership to the soda fountain's.

Thanks..

:wave:

Upvote 0

mousefan17

when i went in 200 with my aunt and uncle i bought one, and was told that its good for ever, so when i go with my family and friends family, (6 inall) in july, we are bringing my cup from 2000, the and the 5 cups from my aunt and uncle, 60 buck to buy something else!

they are good forever!:D

Upvote 0

gino717

My family stayed at CBR for Christmas/New Years 2000-2001 and we brought our mugs from '97. They looked nothing like the new ones so I was sure I would have to buy new ones. When I attempted to buy Hot chocolate I was told by the castmember that my mugs were acceptable and that the hot chocolate was free. Who knew??!!:lol:

Upvote 0

Lovecraft

I stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside this past weekend and had mugs from an All Star resort from a previous trip.

My wife asked a cashier if it was ok to use them at this resort and the cashier told her that she sees people doing it all the time.

She didn't say it was ok to do so, and she didn't say it was not.

So we did, and no one said a word to us about it.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

As long as you use a mug FROM THAT RESORT it is good. YOU CAN NOT use a mug from one resort at another. There is no rule about how long you can use the mug as long as it is only at the one resort.

Upvote 0

ConNH

I have and I have friends who use different cups from other resorts and no one has ever said a thing. So I wouldnt worry about it! Go for it.;)
We use ares from 99 all the time. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom