Can we talk about those "trapped" six pirates.

OsbourneCox

Original Poster
Pirates of Caribbean:
All 6 "locked up" pirates in the burning dungeon fixate on the dog holding the key and spend valuable time trying to draw it closer. Why not just turn sideways and easily squeeze right on through the bars since there is certainly enough space. The vertical bars are spaced about every 12 inches. Even the fat headed pirate in the red and white stripes holding the rope should have little issue getting through.

Cmdr_Crimson

Because then we wouldn't have this scene in the first place....;)

FUN FACT: at the DL Version of PoTC The pirate on the far left in yellow was molded after comedian Sid Ceasar. Walt was good friends and made a cast mold of his likeness to be used in the attraction...So even before Johnny Depp & Geoffrey Rush were in the attraction a celebrity was already in it..
pirates_caribbean-0.jpg
7673265b708c96d9815cc44a56313f06--famous-comedians-sid-caesar.jpg

At WDW's version it was another mold...
pirates-of-the-caribbean-00.jpg

JIMINYCR

Every scene is constructed so we the viewers get the best entertainment possible. The bars were supposed to be that wide so we could get a clear, unobstructed view of each pirate. Had the bars been placed closer together it would have altered the guests view of the detailed pirate facial expressions and body features. Guest perspective is figured into any set design.

OsbourneCox

Original Poster
Another well played contribution.
I'm sure you are right on the money with that. Yes, if the bars were constructed with standard less than 4"(not even a baby head gets through) apart the show scenes would suffer some.

danheaton

It's funny that I've now heard this point a few times recently and had never noticed it on the all the rides I've taken. I think it's a testament to how good the attraction is (even in the shortened WDW version), where the logic of it all never totally sticks. Regardless, it's fun to think about those poor pirates.

FettFan

Pirates of Caribbean:
All 6 "locked up" pirates in the burning dungeon fixate on the dog holding the key and spend valuable time trying to draw it closer. Why not just turn sideways and easily squeeze right on through the bars since there is certainly enough space. The vertical bars are spaced about every 12 inches. Even the fat headed pirate in the red and white stripes holding the rope should have little issue getting through.

These pirates aren't exactly the sharpest tools in the shed. Remember, there was once a scene in which they were getting liquored up and taking pot shots at each other while sitting on barrels of gunpowder.
PirateCanon.jpg

(AKA, where Jack Sparrow currently sits on a throne)

OsbourneCox

Original Poster
I don't think we can say that these 6 suffered from poor decision making due to rum. It's a safe bet that rum was not available to them.

Walt Disney1955

These pirates aren't exactly the sharpest tools in the shed. Remember, there was once a scene in which they were getting liquored up and taking pot shots at each other while sitting on barrels of gunpowder.
PirateCanon.jpg

(AKA, where Jack Sparrow currently sits on a throne)

Still are there right at the end in Disneyland aren't they? At least they were in 2012.

As for the trapped pirates, I have watched that scene since I was 10 and always found it funny. I am not even sure they can all fit through those bars either way though.

POLY LOVER

Pirates of Caribbean:
All 6 "locked up" pirates in the burning dungeon fixate on the dog holding the key and spend valuable time trying to draw it closer. Why not just turn sideways and easily squeeze right on through the bars since there is certainly enough space. The vertical bars are spaced about every 12 inches. Even the fat headed pirate in the red and white stripes holding the rope should have little issue getting through.[/QUOTE

They can't Because their bolted to the floor, ahh hahahahah

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom