Can someone desribe the green side of Mission Space to me?

happymom52003

Original Poster
I am a chicken when it comes to thrill rides (I do not like the Goofy Barnstormer....serioulsy:eek: ). I am trying to decide if I want to try the green side of Mission Space. I KNOW I do not want to do the orange side! Can anyone give me a detailed description of the green side please? Thanks!

Yoop33

Well I have not been on it since it was opened but from what I know they have two versions now... One is the original version which can be pretty intense to some people. Even some NASA people said it is the closest thing to flying in the shuttle that is available to the public. The other version is just a watered down or more mild version of the orginal... If I had to guess it would be the same ride (same activities in the ride and same mission) just with less pressure or "G's" on the body.
Hope that helps.

I don't plan on doing the original version again mainly because I am a little claustrophobic and a little bigger then the average person at 6'5 230lbs... I didn't really fit too well in the machine

jmicro59

I believe the green side has not rotation. The ride is a centrifuge which also tilts to recreate the feeling of both G forces and swaying for a realistic space flight simulation. If you get dizzy on rides like the Tea Cups and the like my advice would be to use the green side of MS. :)

happymom52003

Original Poster
I believe the green side has not rotation. The ride is a centrifuge which also tilts to recreate the feeling of both G forces and swaying for a realistic space flight simulation. If you get dizzy on rides like the Tea Cups and the like my advice would be to use the green side of MS. :)

I don't get dizzy on the tea cups, but I do on Astro Orbiter...go figure! I also do fine on Star Tours...I know that the technology of MS is way more advanced than Star Tours, but are there any similarites (to the green side of MS) since they are both flight simulators? I am trying to get a picture in my mind of the way the green side of MS would look and feel.

Figment82

The Green Side tilts back and forth to simulate movement, but does not spin at all. I've done both sides - I almost passed out on the Orange Side, but I was absolutely fine on the Green Side. If you don't mind closed, dark spaces and a little bit of tilting, you won't mind the Green Side at all.

MickeyJman06

I am a chicken when it comes to thrill rides (I do not like the Goofy Barnstormer....serioulsy:eek: ). I am trying to decide if I want to try the green side of Mission Space. I KNOW I do not want to do the orange side! Can anyone give me a detailed description of the green side please? Thanks!
i just did th uh............ orange team (i went on it before the deaths happened)
the only thing that is different about the green i know that there is no spinning and no G force

jmicro59

I don't get dizzy on the tea cups, but I do on Astro Orbiter...go figure! I also do fine on Star Tours...I know that the technology of MS is way more advanced than Star Tours, but are there any similarites (to the green side of MS) since they are both flight simulators? I am trying to get a picture in my mind of the way the green side of MS would look and feel.

I know what you mean. If I don't look at the center wheel on the Tea Cups I get nauseous but the orange side, or spinning side on MS has no affect on me. :shrug:

Larry Mondello

Green side = Star Tours = Body Wars

DisneyGigi

I can't do the spinning so I rode the green, it was very easy, as long as you don't mind the enclosed space. I ended up riding it many times our last trip, my kids teased me though, as they rode orange but hey... that's okay :lol:

macsmom

I barely made it through Star Tours, but I loved Mission Space green. A friend who went with me rode the orange side and said it was great, but I figured if I barely made it through Star Tours, I would never make it through MS orange!

danna

lilmizpixie3

I went on MS soon after it opened and I didnt really think the 'orange side' or the only one they had back than was really that horrible. I think people just make it out to be that bad because someone died on it (even though that person had preexisting conditions and could have died on test track for all they know..) The only thing I do not like about the ride is you sit in it and they bring the screen and the front of the car closer to you. Other than that..suck it up!

Momx3

I can't do anything that spins or Body Wars or Star Tours. I rode the green side. I felt a little bad after we got off but after I walked around a little I felt better. We had just come from seeing the shuttle launch so it was a cool experience to ride M:S but I won't do it again. BTW, my family said I should ride EE as it wasn't that bad. I knew better from some on here but I did it. I felt so bad after I got off that I cried. I was so mad I did that to myself. It took sitting down in cool air and a few hours of rest for that feeling to wear off. I will never ride that again!!

happymom52003

Original Poster
I can't do anything that spins or Body Wars or Star Tours. I rode the green side. I felt a little bad after we got off but after I walked around a little I felt better. We had just come from seeing the shuttle launch so it was a cool experience to ride M:S but I won't do it again. BTW, my family said I should ride EE as it wasn't that bad. I knew better from some on here but I did it. I felt so bad after I got off that I cried. I was so mad I did that to myself. It took sitting down in cool air and a few hours of rest for that feeling to wear off. I will never ride that again!!
I understand! Everyone's body reacts differently to things. I can ride the tea cups over and over and never feel sick, but I feel very sick on rides with drops like TOT. But my husband is the exact opposite.....he could ride tot a hundred times in a row and not get sick, but he turns green on Dumbo because he can't handle any spinning! And he LOVES roller coasters, but gets motion sickness on Star Tours, which I do fine on.

ELopez

HappyMom - My husband and I are exactly the same! He can do any thrill ride - but not the tea cups! I can barely handle the drop in PotC, but I love to spin!

As for Mission: Space - My husband, 8yo and 5 yo rode the green side and said it was fun (and very tame). My 7yo and I waited with the baby in the game area.

To each his own.

frankd1962

I did both. I did the green side first so I can see if I can handle most of the stuff. I was blown away by it and the slight feel of G's but nothing to tell. Afterwards I did the Orange side right away. There are a lot of G's on it like the takeoff on RnRC but it last longer on the "launch" and then the break away for the moon slingshot to Mars. But there are a few points just after the "hard" G's that it feels like a bit of weightlessness.

As a whole both sides are great. Just see which will be better for you.

CThaddeus

Thanks for all the info. How many minutes does the ride last?

The actual ride itself is a little over 4 minutes...kind of like Star Tours. While I haven't been on the side with less movement, I have been on the intense version, and I wasn't at all bothered by it. You do get the sensation of being pushed back in your seat, and as long as you listen to the warnings and keep your head against the headrest, you'll just feel some pressure pushing you back that way, too. I was actually expecting it to be way more severe than it was, based on all the reviews I read, but I found I didn't even have trouble holding the video camera up to tape it all. Each person will react differently, though. While I thought Body Wars was a little jerky, I never thought it was as bad as what many said about it in other posts, too.

jiminy.cricket

From what I understand, the green still has some spinning or movement or something involved, but it's not as intense as orange. The first time my family went on orange, we felt a bit nauseous for three hours afterward. I still feel something on green, but definitely fine afterward.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom