Can i wear this in the disney parks?

JIMINYCR

The other issue to think about is getting in and out of some of the ride cars. That bulky dress might be a problem getting it tucked in to sit down and be able to ride comfortably.

Jonathan Dalecki

One night during a visit my wife and I got dressed to the nines for a meal at California Grill. Suit for me, dress, jewelry, high heels for her. After dinner we took the monorail over to Magic Kingdom and rode Splash Mountain dressed in all our finery. Got some laughs from castmembers too, as you can imagine. But it made a once in a lifetime ride photo!

Leesalove321

Original Poster
One night during a visit my wife and I got dressed to the nines for a meal at California Grill. Suit for me, dress, jewelry, high heels for her. After dinner we took the monorail over to Magic Kingdom and rode Splash Mountain dressed in all our finery. Got some laughs from castmembers too, as you can imagine. But it made a once in a lifetime ride photo!
Omg, thanks for the idea! Haha, I'll be sure to get the pictures 😂

21stamps

Why yes. that would be just splendid!

4111015525_316c31bd63_z.jpg

Clearly you are a not a woman. 🤣

I am so thankful that we are past those days. I love the look, don’t get me wrong, but I’ll take today’s comfort and practicality any day.

KBLovedDisney

Clearly you are a not a woman. 🤣

I am so thankful that we are past those days. I love the look, don’t get me wrong, but I’ll take today’s comfort and practicality any day.
Gawd my mother made me wear dresses all of the time. And now I don't wear dresses at all. Lol.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Don't ladies wear dresses that touch the ground on dapper days? If so why can't she wear this one? Seems hyprocritical of Disney to say it is ok on one day and not another.

Club Cooloholic

I would pack a backpack with a backup pair of shorts and a tshirt. Can always stuff it in a locker if not allowed or becomes too cumbersome.
There may be a ride or two where you aren't allowed to ride it with the dress on, like maybe Space Mountain.
Have fun and happy Birthday

Victor Kelly

I would say contact Disney. Do not rely upon opinions or emotional responses.

Other replies have stated safety issues. I would err on the side of caution due to the size of the dress. There are many spaces that are cramped, like restaurants. But, contact Disney. Also keep in mind that you could be turned away at the gate or even once inside, asked to leave or change.

Sabriel

I would personally go with the rose gold crocs and matching spirit jersey for the park, cute and comfortable. If you really want to wear something nice for dinner, bring a Homecoming-type (read: no longer than midi-length) dress in a backpack and change when it’s time. Remember to consider the weather, winter, spring and fall in Florida can be oppressively hot depending on the day.

Shouldigo12

You're planning on wearing the dress to V and A, yeah? The dresses are very pretty, but keep in mind that when V and A says their dress code is formal, they likely aren't including prom wear in that definition. You'll be expected to wear nice clothes, but in worried the dress may come off too costume-y.

Lilofan

From a Disney info site:
Examples of unacceptable attire include:
  • Clothing displaying offensive messages/language
  • Adult costumes or clothing that can be viewed as a costume (children under age 10 are excluded)
  • Clothing made with offensive material, (ie transparent)
  • Clothing that is excessively torn
  • Clothing which exposes inappropriate portions of the body such as string bikini tops, G-strings, bikini bottoms, etc.
  • Guests wearing wedding attire are discouraged from entering the theme parks.
So can a MAGA hat be worn in the parks? I've seen people get married in the parks at a private ceremony, so that may be an exception.

KBLovedDisney

So can a MAGA hat be worn in the parks? I've seen people get married in the parks at a private ceremony, so that may be an exception.
That one may be tricky because it is something political. For weddings in the parks, the people paid Disney so I would think they were allowed to wear what they wanted...maybe. Other than that, I would have to ask around.

disney4life2008

That one may be tricky because it is something political. For weddings in the parks, the people paid Disney so I would think they were allowed to wear what they wanted...maybe. Other than that, I would have to ask around.

I have seen people wearing the confederate flag. That is beyond racist and ridiculous!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom