Can I link an older MagicBand to my account when staying offsite?

Lirael

Original Poster
Basically the title, but to elaborate: I've always stayed onsite, but due to lack of availability I'm staying at Wyndham Lake Buena Vista for my next trip. I don't want to use my phone for every little thing during wdw, I prefer the Magicband system. I have 3 MB from former trips (last one was 2018 thanks to the pandemic) and I was thinking of reusing one. Is it possible to link it to my current MDE stuff like tickets etc?

Lirael

Original Poster
In December we finally returned to the parks for the first time since the start of the pandemic. We were able to link our passes to our old magic bands without issue.
Thank you! How do you do that? Do I need to ask a castmember or can it be done by myself?

Lirael

Original Poster
You don't need to do anything to reuse a MagicBand. As long as the MB is marked as Active in MDE and you have park admission linked to MDE, you can use the MB to enter a theme park.
I checked and they're all Active, so I guess I'm good to go. Thank you!

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
I don’t know how important ride photos are to you, but the battery on a magic band lasts 2 years (give or take), when the battery runs out it works like an rfid card. This means it would work for tap touch points (park entry, redeeming lightning lane passes, tap-to-link photos like at Splash Mountain), but very likely won’t pick up on the radio signal linked photos (like on 7 Dwarfs MT, Haunted Mansion, Dinosaur, Slinky Dog, Frozen).

Also, I did a quick Google search but couldn’t find anything that said whether you can use magic band for payment. I know you can’t for most offsite resorts, but I think Wyndham is an official Disney partner (with access to stuff like early entry and such), so I’m not sure if that extends to charges to your hotel room while in the parks.

JaxFLBear

Also, I did a quick Google search but couldn’t find anything that said whether you can use magic band for payment. I know you can’t for most offsite resorts, but I think Wyndham is an official Disney partner (with access to stuff like early entry and such), so I’m not sure if that extends to charges to your hotel room while in the parks.
Room charging is only available when staying at a Disney owned & operated resort.

Lirael

Original Poster
I don’t know how important ride photos are to you, but the battery on a magic band lasts 2 years (give or take), when the battery runs out it works like an rfid card. This means it would work for tap touch points (park entry, redeeming lightning lane passes, tap-to-link photos like at Splash Mountain), but very likely won’t pick up on the radio signal linked photos (like on 7 Dwarfs MT, Haunted Mansion, Dinosaur, Slinky Dog, Frozen).

Thank you, I'll think about it. I wonder how people without magicbands or the new phone thing get their pictures in those rides then. Or I guess nowadays you have to have one or the other.

MickeyLuv'r

If this is a concern, and your party rides together, for most of these attractions, buying just one new band would = getting most of the auto-photos for your party. The only exception would be on rides like HM, for that/those the band would only pick up one of the doom buggies. (Presumably a family of 4 would ride in 2 buggies). you'd miss a few ride photos, but also keep costs down quite a bit.

SingleRider

Also if you have Bluetooth enabled for the Disney app and are logged into your account the photos can link automatically. It’s not the most reliable thing but it’s worked for me in the past.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom