Can I do this?

ann0d

Do you think I could do this, or am too crazy to even be thinking about this? Lol
We are going to AK one day, but in the middle of the day DH is leaving for a few hours. So I wanted to pick up a FP but I won't have his ticket of course. If I talked to a CM do you think they would give me a FP for him? If not we will just have to wait in line when he returns, which normally is no big deal, but depending on how busy it is might be cutting it close to our dinner reservations.

dreamfinder

You would need both tickets. You could have him leave his with you and then you go back and meet him at the gate to give it back to him. But otherwise you both need to be there. There is a very very very slight change you get a sympathetic CM, but with how they are becoming more restrictive on FP use, I doubt it.

Upvote 0

ann0d

Original Poster
That's an idea dreamfinder, but would the person at the ticket booth question that? I guess since he has to use his finger print to get in, it would be OK, otherwise anyone could do that.

Upvote 0

WDW_Firefighter

You wouldn't have to give it back to him in front of the ticket counter. Just meet him at one of the bus stops and both of you walk back in together. I doubt they would let you get his FP without his card.

Upvote 0

fosse76

You wouldn't have to give it back to him in front of the ticket counter. Just meet him at one of the bus stops and both of you walk back in together. I doubt they would let you get his FP without his card.

But she woould still have to walk to the park entrance, and it doesn't make any sense for her to walk out of the gate and then all the way to the bus stop to meet him only to have to walk back.

None of the CMs will pay any attention to that. You could probably just meet him at the turnstiles and hand it to him there.

As Dreamfinder said, you need his ticket to get a FP. And be forewarned, you can only re-enter at the return times printed on the FP, so if he's not back by the return window, the FP is useless.

Upvote 0

Rob562

But she woould still have to walk to the park entrance, and it doesn't make any sense for her to walk out of the gate and then all the way to the bus stop to meet him only to have to walk back.

None of the CMs will pay any attention to that. You could probably just meet him at the turnstiles and hand it to him there.

As Dreamfinder said, you need his ticket to get a FP. And be forewarned, you can only re-enter at the return times printed on the FP, so if he's not back by the return window, the FP is useless.

Doesn't have to be the bus stops. She could exit the park, turn left to meet up with her husband just outside the turnstiles, give him his ticket and re-enter the park together.

-Rob

Upvote 0

msk0879

ive been done on business to fl many times wife always comes with. i give her my park ticket she meets me at the turnstiles and havent had a problem yet. when we were down in december we had to do it at mk epcot and dhs. she gets us fastpasses so we can ride the good rides when im done work

Upvote 0
Not that anyone who has posted so far has this question, but thought I would add that not only do you need the ticket, but the ticket has to be used last in that park on that day. Anyone in the group can take tickets to the FP distribution, but can only get tickets for those who have really entered the park using their ticket.
Completely unrelated to this situation: DW and I went in 2009 when she was 4 months pregnant. She stayed behind at the resort one morning, and I went to DHS with her ticket. The CM gave me a FP for TSMM after I explained why she wasn't there and because that was the only big ride she was really able to ride at the time. The funny thing (to me anyway) was a guy right in front of me tried to use 6 tickets without anyone else being in the park and was sent away.

Upvote 0

crispy

We had a situation last year where DH had a conference at WDW so he only met us in the park for the afternoons. I did explain the situation to the CM at Star Tours to see if there was a way to get DH a fastpass. The CM was very nice and just gave me one from his pocket. That was the only ride I asked about because I knew DH really wanted to ride it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom