Can I add guests?

DisneyDude10

Original Poster
So we are booked to be in the world July 3-10 and since we are disney nuts we have made our dinning reservations already (180 day mark). Last night some friends of ours decided they would like to join us on our trip. We are very excited that we will have some company but we were unsure about whether we could add the two of them to our dinning reservations that we have have made already. If anyone can help with this it would be greatly appreciated.

(I wasn't sure whether to put this in the dinning or trip planning forum so I apologize if this is in the wrong place)

Thank you guys!!!

stevehousse

Most likely you will not have a problem. We did this 2 1/2 weeks ago because we decided to add my little sister to the trip (8h grade graduation gift) we had 5 ADRs booked and we were able to update all of them ECEPT Be Our Guest! She said it wouldn't even allow her to change anything for that reservation, but DO NOT cancel. As long as we showed up a little early for our time we should have no problem. Essentially we just need room for a high chair so sh said we would be fine to still get in! Hope you have success!

Disvillain63

We did this last November. We changed some by calling the reservation number. The others just had us show up 15 minutes earlier, so about 30 minutes early, and we were able to add 3 to the reservation. T-Rex told us to call the morning of the reservation and they would change it then.

GoochDSA

You are going at a pretty busy time of year. I would either call and see if they are able to help you change your ADRs or try and see if you can make an ADR for the right amount of people (don't cancel your current ADR until you are set with a new ADR). While some who have posted say they haven't had a problem, don't expect to just show up with 2 extra people and expect the restaurant to be able to seat them. There is a HUGE difference between adding people in February and November than July 4th week. It doesn't really have as much to do with the tables available, it has to do more with things like fire codes. Call the reservation line and see if they are able to add the 2 extra guests. If not, see if you can make a seperate ADR for the full party size. If not, you might want to consider either changing your plans around so that you can make ADRs for the full party size or having your friends make their own ADRs and then meet up after everyone is done with their meals.

If you were going durring a quieter time of the year, I'd say you shouldn't have a problem adding the extra 2 when you check in or on short notice, but given the time of year you are going, why risk it?

DisneyDude10

Original Poster
Thank you guys! I called the, just a few minutes ago and they said they could change them as long as there was "space available". Now I just have to coordinate with the friends and see where they would like to accompany us. Very exciting!
So does anyone know how it will work if we have to put a credit card down even though we are using the dinning plan? Me and gf have a credit card on the reservation, will our friends have to put one down too? Like I said we are all on the deluxe dinning plan.

DisneyDude10

Original Poster
That's what I was afraid of mostly. The fact that it is the week of the 4th. We went last year on Independence Day and it was CRAZY busy but it was just the two of us so it wasn't too bad. Not only am I worried about the dinning plans but we will be enlightening our friends on all of the Disney magic as well since the are new to the scene! But that's another topic for another thread.
Once again thank you all. Your the best!

Figgy1

Thank you guys! I called the, just a few minutes ago and they said they could change them as long as there was "space available". Now I just have to coordinate with the friends and see where they would like to accompany us. Very exciting!
So does anyone know how it will work if we have to put a credit card down even though we are using the dinning plan? Me and gf have a credit card on the reservation, will our friends have to put one down too? Like I said we are all on the deluxe dinning plan.
One credit card covers the entire party! Wheb you are seated just let the server know it will be seperate checks! Good luck with your changes!:)

TRONorail10

So, I read through all of the posts and not a single person asked the most important question of where the dining reservation was at? The time of year makes a big difference and so does the restaurant. Usually, slower or less popular restaurant can accomadate. However, keep in mind some restaurants are fully booked and also, even adding one person could completely change the type of table available for you party and possibly add substantial waiting time to your reservation. A good example is a party of 8 adding a 9th person to their reservation the day of. That party of 8 could have fit at one table in some locations and now that 9th person means 2 tables are required, so now you are taking up an additional table that could be used for another reservation. It creates a domino effect in the reservation list, and the busier restaurants usually won't accomadate if it changes the number of tables for the reservation.

DisneyDude10

Original Poster
So, I read through all of the posts and not a single person asked the most important question of where the dining reservation was at? The time of year makes a big difference and so does the restaurant. Usually, slower or less popular restaurant can accomadate. However, keep in mind some restaurants are fully booked and also, even adding one person could completely change the type of table available for you party and possibly add substantial waiting time to your reservation. A good example is a party of 8 adding a 9th person to their reservation the day of. That party of 8 could have fit at one table in some locations and now that 9th person means 2 tables are required, so now you are taking up an additional table that could be used for another reservation. It creates a domino effect in the reservation list, and the busier restaurants usually won't accomadate if it changes the number of tables for the reservation.
That is a good point. We will be going from two people to four people.
3rd- BOG 6:10 p.m.
4th- Plaza 11:15 a.m.
LTT 4:30 p.m.
5th- Fultons 6:40 p.m.
6th- Sci Fi 7:15 p.m.
7th- CRT 8:05 a.m.
Via Napoli 5:45. p.m.
I'm mainly concerned about BOG, The Plaza, LTT and Fultons. I know there could be issues with the others but those three I REALLY would like to work out.

Figgy1

That is a good point. We will be going from two people to four people.
3rd- BOG 6:10 p.m.
4th- Plaza 11:15 a.m.
LTT 4:30 p.m.
5th- Fultons 6:40 p.m.
6th- Sci Fi 7:15 p.m.
7th- CRT 8:05 a.m.
Via Napoli 5:45. p.m.
I'm mainly concerned about BOG, The Plaza, LTT and Fultons. I know there could be issues with the others but those three I REALLY would like to work out.
Good luck

swissamy

I had the exact thing happen to us but we went from 4 to 6 which changed the size of the table. I called WDW DIning and some reservations were able to be changed easily to a group of 6 (some even got the same time we had originally reserved to dine), some could not accomodate a party of 6 but were able to make a separate reservation for 2 and when we got to the restaurant, they put all 6 of us together. Two restaurants (Prime Time and Le Cellier) had no space for any additional guests but at WDW Dining they suggested we just arrive with six and try to be seated and both times, they said "NO Problem". If it is BOG and they cant help you by phone, I would recommend arriving as soon as the restaurant opens and try to be seated as a group then, when we were there in January, they were seating walk in parties of 4 or less immediately...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom