Can Frozen show TDO the way?

gonnichi

Original Poster
To me it seems that TDO only knows how to make money by raising prices, cutting budgets and building huge DVC's. Seeing how much Money Frozen has taken in and still is taking in does anyone think that TDO may finally see that being creative can also bring a lot of success monetarily. 7 Dwarfs Mine Train and Avatar seem to have been pushed on TDO by Burbank. After seeing the success of Carsland and Potter along with Frozen now do you think TDO may finally see that high quality creative projects are what people want to spend their money on, or will they continue the status quo once Avatar is done. Will TDO pursue other smaller projects for WDW that are of high quality? Star Wars land if it is coming is probably being pushed by Burbank but I was wondering if other smaller creative projects may be on the way? If anyone has any inside info or just has thoughts on this I would like to hear what they might be. What smaller projects would you like to see at WDW?

disney4life2008

After the dismal "new Fantasyland" I am not expecting Avatar to be anything exciting. I love the Little Mermaid but excluding the que the ride is a mess. The new fantasyland is nice to look at but to me its just a bunch of castles. I think Beasts castle is amazing but thats about it. One can only hope we get great attractions in the future.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
After the dismal "new Fantasyland" I am not expecting Avatar to be anything exciting. I love the Little Mermaid but excluding the que the ride is a mess. The new fantasyland is nice to look at but to me its just a bunch of castles. I think Beasts castle is amazing but thats about it. One can only hope we get great attractions in the future.
The Beast Castle forced perspective is ruined by the obvious pine trees behind it...

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I thought they had an awesome fire breathing dragon that would make for an amazing nighttime spectacular to keep the birds under control?

Oh...wait...the dragon was only used once.

:mad:

Oh, there's going to be "an awesome fire-breathing dragon," all right. Very soon. Trouble is, it's going to be about 15 minutes down I-4.

Last edited:

bethymouse

Something with Frozen would be nice. A larger area to meet n greet Merida from Brave. All of the fairies from Tinker Bell's movies all of the time, not just at certain times of the year. ( Yes I know it sounds like I'm advocating more meet n greets- lol);)

Magenta Panther

To me it seems that TDO only knows how to make money by raising prices, cutting budgets and building huge DVC's. Seeing how much Money Frozen has taken in and still is taking in does anyone think that TDO may finally see that being creative can also bring a lot of success monetarily. 7 Dwarfs Mine Train and Avatar seem to have been pushed on TDO by Burbank. After seeing the success of Carsland and Potter along with Frozen now do you think TDO may finally see that high quality creative projects are what people want to spend their money on, or will they continue the status quo once Avatar is done. Will TDO pursue other smaller projects for WDW that are of high quality? Star Wars land if it is coming is probably being pushed by Burbank but I was wondering if other smaller creative projects may be on the way? If anyone has any inside info or just has thoughts on this I would like to hear what they might be. What smaller projects would you like to see at WDW?

I may not be crazy about "Frozen", but what I DO like is its success - and what that success may mean for the Disney company and the parks. Once again, it is studio-grown product - not acquisitions - that has brightened the name of Disney. The triumphant rebuilding of the failed DCA into a more Disneyesque experience was Iger's first lesson. The hugely successful theatrical reissue of "The Lion King" was the second lesson. And now the phenomenon that is "Frozen" is the third lesson. Will Iger finally learn that what the public wants from Disney is pure Disney, and will he stop buying up non-studio castoffs and focus on new creations for both the movies and the parks? Who can tell? I'm not optimistic. But I would dearly love a "Frozen" attraction in New Fantasyland. I can guarantee it would be a much bigger pull for guests than Avatar and Star Wars. But I haven't heard a word about a Frozen attraction, beyond the expanded meet and greets...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom